Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Flipside of Nesting?

(3 Posts)
Hawkmoth Mon 08-Jun-09 12:46:26

Just pondering a bit here.

Is the flipside of nesting not really wanting to leave said nest?

I'm starting (at 30 weeks) to feel vaguely anxious about being too far from home. I have SPD which has been ok up to now (killer today - meh!) and this is on my mind sometimes in terms of being able to get places safely.

But I think it's more than that, like I just want to curl up at home and potter about there.

Anyone else, or am I going a bit odd?

Tee2072 Mon 08-Jun-09 13:08:47

After walking the 10 blocks from my city centre apartment to the actual city centre mall on this past Saturday, I have refused to leave my nest until Wednesday when I go into hospital for my scheduled CS. I'm 38 weeks tomorrow, BTW.

But I would have been happy to stay at home any time in the last 10 or so weeks.

There is a reason, IMHO, why women used to go into confinement. Yes, it was because it was 'embarrassing' to be seen in public hugely pregnant, because gaps that meant you'd had sex ::faints:: [grins]. But also think it was because you're so damn tired and achy. I have no desire to go any further than from bed to sofa. And I'm fine with that!!

audreyraines Mon 08-Jun-09 13:45:56

I refuse to take public transport anymore, it's just too much, busy, hot, sticky etc. (and i'm only 27 weeks). if i can't walk there in about 25 mins, i'm just not going i'm afraid. i just started getting all my groceries delivered, as i can't face the whole supermarket experience and trying to drag stuff home as well.
so no, you're not odd at all grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now