Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

help, 9 weeks pregnet and bleeding

(6 Posts)
marcia3381 Mon 08-Jun-09 10:10:29

hi n thanks for reading, i am 9 weeks and 4 days, i had a miscarrage a few months back and had an early scan just last week and everything was fine, i seen the heart beat and the baby wriggling about, last night when i went to the toilet i had started bleeding it was very dark red with no clogs it lasted about half an hour, could i be having another miscarrage, i called the hosp but they siad it prob will not be a miscarrage as everything was fine at the ultra sound, am now bleeding again this morning but it is really light, brown n colour, can anyone help am going out my mind with worry, thanks in advance.

Deemented Mon 08-Jun-09 10:28:34

Dark red and brown blood is actually a good sign as it means that it's old blood - if it were bright red then i'd certainly be more concerned. Are you in any pain at all?

Is there any chance you can contact your EPAU and maybe go into them to put your mind at rest?

alana39 Mon 08-Jun-09 12:24:19

Marcia it is quite common to have this kind of bleeding early in pregnancy (I had it this time from 12 weeks to 15 weeks after a normal scan). However, it's not normal and you should ask again if you can be seen - do you have an Early Pregnancy Unit at your hospital? If you're not sure ask your GP (guessing you don't have a midwife yet?). My hospital told me they wouldn't scan me unless the bleeding got worse or I started to have pain, and in the end it did just stop (and loads of women bleed and then go onto have normal pregnancies) but it's always worth asking again as you may get a more sympathetic person on the phone, or talking to your GP about how worried you are and they might refer you for another scan to put your mind at rest?
Hope everything works out ok for you.

marcia3381 Mon 08-Jun-09 13:06:45

Hi, thanks for your replies, i went up to the hosp and was refered to the early pregnancy support unit, the nurse says that bleeding is quite common and shouldt be anything to worry about since the scan last thurs was fine, i have to call back if it starts again, so now i have to get booked in with the midwife n wait for my next scan and stop stressing! its so hard thou after my miscarrage i had last time :S

bethoo Mon 08-Jun-09 13:12:22

i am also 9 weeks and 4 days and had a massive bleed four weeks ago. i still bleed now but it is a little bit and been told it is most likely a cervical bleed caused by sex.
do not worry as you will have a scan in 3 weeks.

Louby1983 Mon 08-Jun-09 15:32:16

Hi there, I am now 15 1/2 weeks gone, had a bleed for about a day or so at 5 weeks (didn't know I was pregnant at the time & thought that it was just a very short period), then again at 8 1/2 weeks and again just over a week ago.
Basically, if its old blood (like you get towards the end of ur period) brown in colour, without any lumps, then it's common (which isnt very reassuring when u have some snotty old cow treating u as a number rather than a person at the hospital, i know - been there!)check ur calendar & see if its happened at around the date ur period was due, it cud well be ur body gettin confused. Also, it is common to get a bit of a bleed from when the egg is 'bedding in', this also had the side effect of cramps that feel a bit like period pains.
Another thing is that when u r pregnant, ur body blood volume increses by something like a third ( i think), so any knocks or scrapes inside the vagina can cause bleeding, which again is natural & not coming from inside the womb.
If u have a lot of fresh, red blood with clotting & lumps as well as tummy cramps, get urself straight down A & e. They will refer you to the early pregnancy unit & u will get booked in 4 a scan as well as give u an internal examination to make sure that the bleeding is coming from either the vagina or inside the womb. Even if this does happen, please dont think the worse is about to happen. I have been down to a & e twice with the above & it turns out that i had what is called a heamatoma, which they said is like a blood clot. basically, where ur placenta & womb r supposed to joined all the way around, there forms a little gap & that is where the blood is leaked from. Its only a very small gap & the bleeding is a good thing as it forms a blood clot between the two layers that then helps them to heal back together.
It scared the absolute s**t out of me & i really thought the worst was happening but i have had my scans & can see that the gap is now healed, baby is coming along nicely & am starting to feel those reassuring little 'flutters' as my little one has a wriggle!
If u really feel that u arent getting anywhere with the hospital, get referred either via ur community midwife or ur gp, sometimes that bit of extra muscle helps push their arses into gear!!! Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now