Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I've forgotten everything, Raspberry Leaf Tea, healing herbs etc....

(12 Posts)
Confuzzeled Sun 07-Jun-09 21:36:49

Help!

When do I start on Raspberry Leaf Tea and whats the thing I take straight after labour to help my bits heal faster?

I have baby brain and have forgotten everything, can't even remember if I'm 29 or 30 weeks, need to go check the calendar

mrswee Sun 07-Jun-09 21:43:04

Arnica something you can take after you give birth to help you heal, is that what you were looking for?

I'm not sure about the raspberry leaf tea timmings, sorry!

Confuzzeled Sun 07-Jun-09 21:51:57

Arnia, thats it, I'd forgotten what it was called, thanks grin

ChocFudgeCake Sun 07-Jun-09 22:21:38

I hope someone can tell you about the tea, because I was wondering the same. So, bump.

lechatnoir Sun 07-Jun-09 22:48:01

Late pregnancy so I'd say anytime from 37 weeks onwards is fine & when I started both times (although what it did I'm not entirely sure hmm)

LCN

Clarity2005 Mon 08-Jun-09 12:46:26

it must be a time for it, I was wondering the same last week!!! (am 32 weeks wed with 2nd child) when i looked it up on quite a few sites earlier last week I found can take the tablets ( I didnt like the tea) from 32 weeks, which is I am sure what I was last time around. It recommended starting at 1 tablet then increasing etc.

I can't find the link as I am at work, but when I am home tonight I will paste the link for them as I found them for £2.99 per tubwhich is MUCH cheaper then anywhere else I could find them! (inc Holland and Barrat)

I just need to find my Arnica now as well and some Ashton and parsons ( getting prepared DD1 started teething at 6 weeks lol) and I might actually be all set!!

lastboxoftampons Mon 08-Jun-09 12:50:19

I just read in the book "Expecting" by Daphne Metland and Anne McGrail that tea and/or tablets are okay from 32 weeks.

lastboxoftampons Mon 08-Jun-09 12:50:50

and to add - they suggest 2 to 3 cups a day.

Confuzzeled Mon 08-Jun-09 13:55:44

Oooh, thanks ladies. £2.99 is really cheap, I'm sure last time I ordered tablets online and they were at least £5 for 30.

That link would be amazing.

puffylovett Mon 08-Jun-09 14:08:35

just make sure you're getting a good dose of the active herb - you usually get what you pay for with these things smile

I wouldn't bother with the tea btw, unless they're dried leaves, steeped for 10mins at least

Clarity2005 Mon 08-Jun-09 23:03:45

Evening ladies, apologies only just remembered that I needed to post the link lol

http://www.inpeakcondition.com/Pregnancy-And-Baby/Raspberryleafteacapsules.html

confuzzled I must admit I looked at the dosage on them as I was a little sceptical at first but couldnt see much difference between them and some others I was looking at, and I will definately be ordering mine this week lol

smile

puffylovett Tue 09-Jun-09 09:52:25

these are my faves...

www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-local/frameset/detail/793462_Bio_Health_Raspberry_Leaf_60_tablets.html

they're 3:1 formulation, 900mg per capsule, BHP certified - I took 2 daily last time I think, you'd have to take 4 daily to match that dose of the IYC ones - however I like the capsule ingredients of yours, no added extra bar the gelatin and rice flour...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now