Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

2 questions

(7 Posts)
niamh29 Sat 06-Jun-09 20:26:46

2 questions:
- is it ok to highlight my hair?
- my doctor said I don't need to count fetal kicks and I know the baby is very active but should I anyway ( I'm 27 weeks)
Thanks
Niamh

onepieceofcremeegg Sat 06-Jun-09 20:28:45

Don't know re the highlighting, I would have done it I think.

Re the kicks, before I had dd2 2 years ago the community midwife said just to be generally aware re the baby's activity. If you feel that he/she is having a quieter day, or you have been busy/distracted then sit quietly and focus on him/her as a little check.

yousaidit Sat 06-Jun-09 20:29:59

don't know about highlights, i looked like a monster in pg!

i didn't counrt kicks, if i thought bump quiet i used to have a bath and turn in the water side to side and that would get bump to move. usually my bump only moved on an eve and v early in morn, so if you recognise a pattern thats helpful. hth!

slushy06 Sat 06-Jun-09 20:32:41

RE highlighting you need to make sure you do a strand test before putting any die on your hair as your hair can react different when pg. Also you can have a reaction while pg to chemicals you wouldn't normally. However I would get a hairdresser to do the highlighting.

yama Sat 06-Jun-09 20:36:15

I did my roots throughout pregnancy. However, the dye was always shop bought rather than hairdresser dye and apparently much weaker.

Don't know about kicks - I never counted. No-one ever told me I should/shouldn't.

onepieceofcremeegg Sat 06-Jun-09 20:37:06

p.s. drinking an icy drink can sometimes make the baby wriggle a bit.

niamh29 Sat 06-Jun-09 20:58:21

Thanks, that's a great help! Don't think I have to worry about baby not kicking, he's a little footballer, has really active days and some quiet days and I think that's normal! Just wanted to see what everyone else was doing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now