Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Little update............

(10 Posts)
shellmc Sat 06-Jun-09 13:41:23

Hello everyone!!!

This is the first chance i have had to get on here to let you all know that my baby arrived on Monday 1st June at 5.32am.

In the end i was 10 days overdue had a sweep after 8 days which didnt work and had a induction booked on the sunday, went to hospital and was given a pessery at 12.35 started getting pains every 10-15 mins for about 2hrs me and hubby got really excited thinking this is it baby is on its way.
But noooo pains stopped and hubby went home at 8pm that night i had to stay in as i had been given pessery and doc wud see me again the following morning.
At 9.10pm pains came back cudnt get comfy and waters went at 10.55pm pains just seemed to come on really strong and really close, hubby got bk to hosp at 11.15 and i was on labour ward by 11.50. My little boy was brought into the world at 5.32am we think he just waited and wanted to be a june baby ha ha xxx Any how we are both well and he has been weighed today and has put on 3 and half oz hes a larl gannett!!
Hope everyone mums, bumps, babys are all well xxxx

katster37 Sat 06-Jun-09 16:47:17

Shellmc congratulations! I had read your posts when you were overdue and was wondering how you'd got on! What's your little boy's name? How lovely. Hope you are all well.

slushy06 Sat 06-Jun-09 18:04:25

I posted on the other thread as well but congratulations shell glad to hear all went well.

princessmel Sat 06-Jun-09 18:05:43

Lovely

jstock Sun 07-Jun-09 17:07:46

Congratulations shell!! A little boy for you eventually, glad to hear all went ok. Enjoy every minute, I'm sure you already are x x x

shellmc Mon 08-Jun-09 17:43:31

thanx i sure am enjoying it im loving being a mam!!!!!!
we named him curtis xxxx

jstock Wed 10-Jun-09 08:56:50

ahh love the name, he must have been very comfy in there, didn't want to leave!! how did you find labour? was it what you expected? it seems like a lifetime ago now when we were so worried about what was to come!!
hope you are all well and still grinning from ear to ear x x x

SesHasFinallyBecomeAMum Wed 10-Jun-09 09:03:20

Shell - really pleased I spotted this thread
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Lovely name and thanks for sharing your story. Sounds like you are doing really well and he is thriving.

shellmc Sat 13-Jun-09 22:26:43

Hi everyone,

me and Curtis are both very well he is 12 days old now and and has gone from 7lb 11oz to 8lb 4oz!!!
He is a little gannett LOL
Im loving everyminute.

Jstock labour!!! Well as soon as my waters broke the pains wer quite intense from then, at the time i thort OMG how am i going to get tru this but i did i focused and used the gas and air loads it was amazing!! LOL

I wud do it all again, im soo over the moon with my little man!!! :-)

xxxx How are u all???

slushy06 Sun 14-Jun-09 20:59:23

Glad baby is gaining weight well. I am 36 weeks now so not long to go hopefully. Mw said at 34 week appointment baby is 4/5 engaged so I don't think I will hit 40 weeks. Was your birth a long one or a short one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now