Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Please help, urgent

(16 Posts)
maybebaby23 Sat 06-Jun-09 10:31:55

Does anyone know where i can get a private scan please, im 10 weeks pregnant and have had some red bleeding this morning. Was sent to A+E and they won't scan me, examine me or even check for a heartbeat! I have to wait until monday but we are going on holiday sunday night!

Im so worried, please does anyone know of a place in or near manchester that will scan me today or tomorrow, cost is not an issue.
We will travel too!!

Thanks x

AddictedtoCrunchies Sat 06-Jun-09 10:34:07

ultrasoundnow.co.uk/404/404.html

www.babypremier.co.uk/manchester.asp

Good luck x

pellmell Sat 06-Jun-09 10:34:48

can you go to a maternity unit somewhere?
Say you are having pain or something.....
good luck

maybebaby23 Sat 06-Jun-09 10:36:52

thanks SO much!!! I have been assessed at A+E but they are so useless im so angry but no time for that now. Thank you for the links you are a star xx

HeadFairy Sat 06-Jun-09 10:37:48

Sorry you're having this problem. I can't help with scans as I'm in London, but I wanted to reassure you that the hospital weren't being deliberately obstructive, I've been told that you can't really hear a heartbeat until about 16 weeks. I know because I've had loads of scares this pregnancy and begged the doc to listen to the heart. I hope you manage to get in for a scan. FWIW I've had two episodes of bleeding this pregnancy (I'm 11w) and after two back to back mcs I'm ridiculously paranoid, but so far baby is ok. I hope the same is true for you.

maybebaby23 Sat 06-Jun-09 10:52:02

thankyou headfairy. I know the hospital wern't being deliberatey obstructive the doctor did all she could for me there, im just annoyed because all i want is to know there is a heartbeat. Just tried the 2 links above and one is booked up, the other just goes to answerphone Anyone have anymore? Thanks

PlantASeedWatchItGrow Sat 06-Jun-09 10:59:38

here?

PlantASeedWatchItGrow Sat 06-Jun-09 11:01:22

or here

this might help you find one

carrielou2007 Sat 06-Jun-09 11:53:57

You absol can hear the heartbeat - I had a private scan on thursday 8 weeks 3 days and saw heartbeat, has measurements and heard heartbeat!

Good luck, I have always been with BUPA who are now Spire Hospitals but I am in south west so no help to you. They do open saturdays??

LumpyBumpyThingy Sat 06-Jun-09 13:06:11

I got an early scan at 7 weeks with dd1 because I had stabbing pains slightly to one side (no bleeding) and they thought It may be ectopic. They wont find a heartbeat with a microphone at this stage and generally wont even look till 16weeks as if they dont manage to find one it will worry you more.
Id go back and say your having pain aswel, might be a bit of a wait but they would hopefully see you today
HTH xxx

maybebaby23 Sat 06-Jun-09 13:14:52

Hi guys thanks for all your help, managed to get a scan at babybond clinic in chorlton, saw my beautiful littl baby healthy and active very very relieved just got to take it easy now. Everything looks good though so im happy.
Thanks again for the replies x

HeadFairy Sat 06-Jun-09 13:25:06

wow, that was quick! Glad to hear it was all ok. Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.

maybebaby23 Sat 06-Jun-09 13:29:53

I know we were very lucky the clinic didn't have any appointments unti 12.15 so we dashed there for 11.30 Thanks x

skihorse Sat 06-Jun-09 15:42:27

maybebaby - I'm so glad you have positive news already - these saturday emergency services are absolutely wonderful!

Just out of curiosity - how much did it cost?

maybebaby23 Sun 07-Jun-09 10:07:51

Hi skihorse, the scan cost £99. Well worth it

skihorse Sun 07-Jun-09 12:13:48

Thanks maybe - that's really useful to know and tbh it's much cheaper than I thought it would be! shock I honestly thought it'd be more like 175!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now