Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

please help im really worried any advice or reassurance please!!

(5 Posts)
winjy Fri 05-Jun-09 20:12:31

have had hormone test results back today and they havent quite doubled...doc says she may be splitting hairs but she wants me back monday for another test....im going out of my mind...dont know how il get thru the weekend...im 4-5 weeks, dates say 6-7 but early scan put me at 4-5...please help its my 1st and im really worried...has anyone had a normal pregnancy after iffy hormone tests??

Thandeka Sat 06-Jun-09 13:29:35

Many doctors refuse to do early hormone tests as it is not an exact science and can cause more worry than anything else. I had to battle for mine this time (am 5weeks 2days but because I am only 49days after my last pregnancy ended in missed miscarriage at 10 weeks.)

I'm impressed you have managed to get an early scan and blood tests for your first pregnancy- any reason for it? (I managed an early scan for my last pregnancy at 6weeks 3 days- because of unexplained pain- saw the heartbeat and was told I wouldn't miscarry- the emby died a few days later and I miscarried 3.5 weeks later- what I am trying to say in a very cackhanded way- is early scans and tests actually can't influence the outcome of this pregnancy- you can have dodgy test results and have a great pregnancy, or you can have great results and still miscarry so please try to ignore test results)

In terms of your scan dates- Do you know when you ovulated? If not it is entirely possible you ovulated late and hence pregnancy isn't as far along as expected.

Try not to worry too much and wait and see what the next test results say. I'm sure more posters will be along in a bit with tales of sucessful pregnancies after HCG results.

Look after yourself.

winjy Sat 06-Jun-09 19:23:14

thanks so much!! i had an early scan as a dating scan because my boobs have gone so huge my doctor thought i may have been further along than i thought...its all escalated from there really - i was actually 2 weeks earlier than dates and then she suggested hormone tests. I totally agree with u with the ovulation as i conceived on the pill so i have no idea when i ovulated and the dates weren;t worrying me so much as the hormones but like u said there's nothing i can do anyway if something is going to happen then a scan or blood tests wont prevent it...and as nice as reassurance is, it means nothing compared to what is actually happening...thank you for making me look at this in a much more positive way...how is your pregnancy going this time?? be nice to keep in touch as our dates are really close. u take care of yourself too

Thandeka Sat 06-Jun-09 21:05:02

Pregnancy so far seems much the same as last time perhaps with slightly worse nausea and tiredness. Having a scan on 30th June when I will be 8 weeks 5days so fingers crossed it keeps growing this time.

Come over and hang out with us on the four weeks and bricking it thread we are all in the same boat on there.

winjy Sun 07-Jun-09 11:17:40

ok il join u on there

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now