Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I don't know what pram to get!! Help me please!

(10 Posts)
scratchet Fri 05-Jun-09 19:45:25

Hi everyone, i was hoping someone could help me out as i am unsure what pram to get. I am thinking that i won't have enough room in house or car for a huge travel system and was wondering if anyone knew of any pram/buggy that won't take up too much room when not in use that is suitable for a newborn. I had a graco citi sport for ds and dd when they were a bit older, i liked this as the dc's seemed to find it comfortable and it was practical yet light and reasonably small. Thanks for any suggestions x

differentID Fri 05-Jun-09 19:55:04

What's the budget? Do you need a car seat?

Phoenix Fri 05-Jun-09 19:58:50

Maclaren Techno XT or Maclaren XLR are both suitable from birth. The xlr can also be used with a car seat or carry cot.

scratchet Fri 05-Jun-09 19:59:40

Hadn't thought of budget!! Less than 300? Does that sound reasonable? I was thinking of getting a car seat separate x

twinklegreen Fri 05-Jun-09 20:11:37

If you're not bothered about having a car seat, I can recommend a Zia Petite Star, it's suitable from birth and it folds up tiny. It's also really easy and light to push. It's the fourth pram/buggy I have had and it's definately my favourite. I also got it online with a footmuff in a limited edition print for £99. Got it from here with free next day delivery.

I love it!

Phoenix Fri 05-Jun-09 20:12:13

£300 is plenty imo.

Strollers suitable from Birth

differentID Fri 05-Jun-09 20:14:20

this looks lovely- you don't need to store a carrycot anywhere

winjy Fri 05-Jun-09 20:16:07

i've seen the one i want...its the quinny buzz, fits into the boot of my mini so is quite compact...can buy maxi cosi car seat seperately and will fit on top of pram frame...its really nice, think its around £315 then car seat is about 100 on top but its really nice. comes in 3 wheel or 4 wheel

mamadiva Fri 05-Jun-09 20:37:19

Petite Star 4 Bundle £239.99
Pros- Small, Lightweight and cheap.
Cons- Short, not totally upright and not great for a lot fo walking.

Petite star dot and Dot carrycot
Pros- Lightweight, not too big, good price,
Cons- Bigger than an umbrella fold

Inglesina Zippy Lounge
Pros- Smallish fold, rear face and sturdy
Cons- Not the lightest and need to buy some extras

mrswee Sat 06-Jun-09 10:45:57

I went to get a demo of the Bugaboo bee yesterday. It's £370 in John Lewis (John Lewis online too) That's the cheapest I've seen it - cheaper on Ebay but second hand.

It's a bit over your budget but seems really sturdy and is sutible from birth until your LO is 3 years old. Good re sale value on ebay too!

I am getting this pram because it is very small and folds easily, can face forward or backward, moves very easily and is light, but is very sturdy and I don't imagine that I will have to replace it at all.
I know a lot of mums who have been through at least two prams if not three over the time they have needed to use one with their LO.

you can add a maxi cosi car seat to it with adapters too which is handy.

www.bugaboo.com/uk/en

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now