Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Optimum Foetal Positioning - did it work for you?

(8 Posts)
GentlyDidIt Fri 05-Jun-09 14:11:28

DD was both by c-section 6 years ago for transverse lie. It was mentioned at the time that I probably had a heart-shaped womb.

Have about 10 weeks to go this pg. Every professional who has felt my bump has said "Oh, baby's all on one side today!" Thing is there's no "today" about it - both of the pregnancies I have carried to 3rd trimester have taken up residence on the right hand side of my womb and stayed there, bum down, head under my liver and legs straight out across in an L shape. Both have even been in that position at 20 week scans!

I don't think I can influence things very much as I think this is just how I grow babies. Cephalic would be ideal; breech would at least be something. I have been sitting in a straight chair and not slouching as much as possible, but sometimes wonder if I should just give up and veg out...

I would love to hear from anyone who has managed to influence their baby to change position...

GentlyDidIt Fri 05-Jun-09 14:13:40

Sorry, that should start "DD was born "

...will see if I can ask MN to get rid of the double post, too!

GentlyDidIt Fri 05-Jun-09 20:21:48

I am guessing by the eerie silence that OFP might not be all it promises to be...

<slouches on sofa>

olivo Fri 05-Jun-09 20:31:31

sorry, didnt work for me. i did aeverything that was suggested and she was still back to back and looking up. had an em cs sad

puddock Fri 05-Jun-09 20:37:24

Thing is, those who did OFP and then had a baby with a favourable presentation (like me - lots of hands-and-knees time, LOA baby) never know if that would have happened anyway...

Sam100 Fri 05-Jun-09 20:37:54

Had a back to back first time and did not know anything about OFP then - found out about it with number 2 and did everything I could with 2 and 3 to follow the guidance.

I think it worked for me - both 2nd and 3rd labours were fairly quick (4 hours and 2 hours) and much easier. Both babies were well positioned from about 39 weeks on so just tried to keep them that way!

I did lots of swimming (well floating on my front!).

Would watch TV in evening hung over the birth ball or sitting on the birth ball.

If I needed a change of position would lie down on my side on the sofa rather than slouched back.

Lots of walking - couple of miles every day!

JoPie Fri 05-Jun-09 20:41:11

I did that for my 2nd preg after having an excruciating ventouse delivery with my first as he was POP (posterior occipital position), back to back, right through delivery.
Didn't work. Had exactly the same for Baby no2, although much quicker and no time for pain relief, so in a way it was even worse.

Am so looking forward to delivering the new baby due in Oct.hmm

MegBusset Fri 05-Jun-09 20:44:24

DS1 was back-to-back and labour was`excruciating. With DS2 I was determined to do all I could to avoid going through that again. So I don't think I leaned back at all from about 32 weeks! Spent a lot of time on my birthing ball, made sure I sat propped forwards with cushions on sofa. Refused to lie on my back for an IE in early labour!

DS2 was not B2B and labour was much easier. But that could all be coincidence, of course.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now