Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

40 and hoped I was pregnant for the first time

(5 Posts)
JBD6971 Fri 05-Jun-09 13:09:14

first time posting here but am desparate to hear from people in the same position. been tryng for a while now but really thought we had succeeded this month. I was so adamant as I normally have spotting a week or more before i'm due on but this month had nothing. I am due my period either Sun or Mon and now this morning I have had some spotting. From what I have read this is too late for implantation spotting so am assuming it is the start of my period. Of course have already done 2 early tests and they were completely negative. Would just love to chat to someone in the same position. The only other symptoms I could say I really have are ocassional pinching feeling in lower abdomen, tiredness, forgetfulness and slightly moody/teary. But to be honest I'm so stressed out, I'm not suprised. Anyone else out there?

Ewe Fri 05-Jun-09 13:11:51

Hi JB

Don't have experience of your situation but you might find the conception boards the best place to post. Link is Here.

Good luck!

ArcticLemming Fri 05-Jun-09 13:13:17

Sorry you're feeling so stressed. Not in the same position, but just wanted to say I have two lovely girls that I had at 41 and 43. I do very much hope it works our for you.

muffle Fri 05-Jun-09 13:14:19

Not quite the same as I'm TTC no 2, but I'm nearly 40 and get myself tied up in similar knots every month, despite vowing not to.

I recently had spotting (which I never get) so was similarly convinced. I can conjure up all kinds of symptoms and not be pg, but that I thought might be significant. I'm not pg, but my GP thought I may have conceived and then it didn't "take" which is apparently quite common. If that has happened with you, then take it as a good sign that you can conceive.

OTOH you could still be pg (as you tested before you're due) - so wishing you lots of good luck! You will meet lots of people on MN who have had babies at 40 and well over too, which I find heartening.

The stress of waiting for your period and obsessing over can really do your head in - I really sympathise.

RFCMummy Fri 05-Jun-09 13:15:26

I had implantation spotting as late as 2 days before af was due so fingers crossed for you xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now