Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Popping sounds at 38 weeks

(5 Posts)
joannalucy Mon 09-May-05 12:51:36

I am 38 weeks pregnant and have recently started hearing little popping sounds coming from round my pelvis area. It doesn't hurt and seems to happen when the baby moves. At first I thought it was my waters breaking, but it's not. My midwife has never heard of this and does not know what it is. It may be my bones shifting, getting ready for birth. Has anyone else experienced this or know what it is?? Any ideas gratefully received!

Rachey1969 Mon 09-May-05 12:55:51

If it's more of a popping feeling than a sound, I think it might just be the baby moving around and it's the bubbles of the amniotic fluid - it's quite tight in there!

CountessDracula Mon 09-May-05 13:11:49

not hiccups? (baby's not yours!)

joannalucy Tue 10-May-05 14:09:50

Thanks for the messages - it's not hiccups - I've been feeling those and they're different... Must just be one of those weird things that happens to us pregnant women.

Tinker Tue 10-May-05 14:24:04

Is it like a cracking feeling? I've been having this, esp first thing in morning. Think it's just ligaments softened so bones cracking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now