Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this thrush in esrly pregnancy?

(4 Posts)
scienceteachermum Fri 05-Jun-09 10:30:15

Hi, I have just found out I am pregnant, about 4-5 weeks I think. I had thrush just after I conceived (it was around ovulation so easy to identify!) and was given canesten pessary. It did not seem to work fully so was given another one a week later. This has worked but now the itchiness has returned (its about 12 days since the last pessary) and I think I may still have it . I know thrush is common in prengancy because of the acidic conditions created by hormones, has anyone else experienced this? How can I get rid of it without harming the baby? I have also had tiny amounts of brown spotting everyday since my period was due (last sat, 6 days ago) and expect this is just breakthrough bleeding, but could it be related to the thrush?
Any advice would be great.

MaisieBoo Fri 05-Jun-09 12:49:35

I suffer with this a lot at the moment too, I'm not pregnant but we are TTC. It may be worth seeing your Midwife/Dr for a swab or ask their advice. Hope someone else comes along with more advice. And congratulations on your pregnancy!!

scienceteachermum Mon 08-Jun-09 20:44:12

Thanks, am going to see GP tomorrow but hope they do a swob, don't really want yet more treatment without a proper cause being identified.

lilacpink Mon 08-Jun-09 21:25:13

I had it in previous preg, and canestan was fine (not tablet, pessary). Your DP/H may also need treatment as may pass it back to you (even if he doesn't appear to have symptoms).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now