Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hay fever medicines in pregnanacy

(10 Posts)
Pomi Thu 04-Jun-09 16:35:04

Is it ok to use Loradatine? I am 32 weeks pregnant.

ButtercupWafflehead Thu 04-Jun-09 16:40:05

Don't think we're allowed to use anything as thay haven't done trials on effect son the baby.

I have got by on vaseline (up the nose), sunglasses, eye drops and sniffing all day.

Perhaps you could ask the pharmacist about nasal spray.

NHS page

Pomi Thu 04-Jun-09 16:50:43

Thanks buttercup. I was using that medicine for a few weeks. I am going to stop taking it now.

LeninGrad Thu 04-Jun-09 16:52:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Beccabump Thu 04-Jun-09 17:16:06

My mw agreed I could have chlorphenamine (Piriton) at 33 weeks as I had raging itching (checked for choleostasis!) and I wasn't sleeping at all. I can only have a small dose every few days to be extra safe but it is one of the oldest and most 'trusted' anti-histamines.

Ask your mw - they will probably be ok with you having it when desperate...warning - it does make you drowsy.

PieMistress Thu 04-Jun-09 19:08:50

My MW told me I couldn't take any hay fever meds, no eye drops nothing and that I should make an appt to see the homeopathic doctor at the practise?

Ivykaty44 Thu 04-Jun-09 19:10:01

nettle tea and a spoon full of honey every day should help smile I think you can take both when pg - but please check

mummysleepy Thu 04-Jun-09 20:26:54

there is homeopathic stuff called pollena made by nelsons (get it in boots) which is safe

VoodooApocalypse Thu 04-Jun-09 20:29:48

you cant use loratadine due to steroids

you can take piriton, which is almost as good grin

reikizen Thu 04-Jun-09 20:35:28

piriton is fine, we give it on the antenatal ward.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now