Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Advice and reassurance for newly pregnant

(6 Posts)
flyingcloud Thu 04-Jun-09 10:46:16

Hello,
I've just moved to France with my (French) husband, have just got married and have just found out I am about 3 weeks pg , which is utterly fantastic - although we weren't planning on it happening quite so soon, I think it was honeymoon excitement and we were just a bit spontaneous and uncontrolled after the stress of organising a wedding!

I went to see the doctor today and although I can get by in French, it's not perfect and I sort of struggled to ask a lot of the questions I wanted to ask, and she told me very little - just booked me in for a blood test next week and said that we would look at vitamins and folic acid if/when the blood test came back positive. (I went straight the pharmacy and bought them though).

I am desperate to discuss this with someone but am trying to keep it all a secret and want to know exactly what happens here in France and in what order but I will have to wait another ten+ days before I have the results of the test etc.

I guess this is all normal but I would love to hear from anyone who has done this before in France. I have been following the thread on things you wish you did/didn't know and it's been a help.

Thank you!

timmette Thu 04-Jun-09 10:56:16

Not in france but in a neighbouring country lol. Have you tried asking on the thread for expats on here you may get more responses - as I have seen a few living in France on there.
And congrats I am also pregnant and away from home.

flyingcloud Thu 04-Jun-09 11:02:20

Sorry - bit lost and finding my way round - where's that? Is there an Expat thread?

Thank you!

timmette Thu 04-Jun-09 11:02:24

this is what I meant here

flyingcloud Thu 04-Jun-09 11:09:34

Thanks so much.

Thandeka Thu 04-Jun-09 13:41:30

Flyingcloud come onto the 4 weeks and bricking it thread and ask for Jardins- she lives in France.
x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now