Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Food Question!

(7 Posts)
LipstickGirl Wed 03-Jun-09 20:22:51

Just a quick question... Does anyone know if it's ok to eat prosciutto filled pasta (tortellini) as it's boiled for 10mins?!

Thank you...

X

MustHaveaVeryShortMemory Wed 03-Jun-09 21:13:51

I would. I don't think listeria could survive 10 min's boiling water. And I know its considered safe to eat soft cheeses if they have been cooked.

mumofoliver Thu 04-Jun-09 08:37:23

I have! And through 2 pregnancies - have to admit I didn't think twice about it blush

Sersi Thu 04-Jun-09 09:25:56

ooh - does that mean I can eat baked camembert? mmmmm didn't realise that. can I eat cooked blue cheese aswell then?
just had my booking in appointment and my midwife said I couldn't eat prawns (which I thought I could) but said mussels weren't on her list?? doesn't make any sense.

Kingsroadie Thu 04-Jun-09 10:27:51

I have been eating lots of prawns - heated through of course. I can't see why prawns are a problem if cooked (I certainly hope so anyway!) although I think raw they aren't advised...

Sersi Thu 04-Jun-09 10:31:14

can't survive pregnancy without king prawn madras!!

HazieDazieandBaby Thu 04-Jun-09 10:38:13

I found this website really helpful when I was pregnant. I was surprised by how many things appear on here as safe to eat, when I had previously ruled a lot of it out! I really didn't need the excuse to eat more than I already did! blush

Hope this helps!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now