Talk

Advanced search

cervical sweep

(1 Post)
AliGrylls Wed 03-Jun-09 11:46:11

I had a cervical sweep yesterday at 3.00 pm. It was possibly the most painful 20 seconds of my life. The middie seemed optimistic it might work. She wrote in my notes that my cervix was 1cm long which I have looked up and apparently that seems to be a good indication that labour will start soon.

Last night at 3am I woke up with the worst stomach cramps I have ever had, and had what I am 100% sure was a show, which was bloodier than I thought it would be. Cramps lasted for two hours and kept on coming and going every 30 mins and lasted for about 30 seconds. I was thinking YIPPEE labour is starting.

Managed to doze off because I thought it would be a good idea to conserve energy and when woke up still had stomach cramps but they have been gradually getting better throughout the day.

I am so disappointed - does this mean it has not worked? I am only 40 wks 1 day and have become obsessed with my cervix. Help!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now