Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bleeding, with clots and cramping - anyone had this and not miscarried?

(21 Posts)
rainbowdays Tue 02-Jun-09 23:31:52

I am 7weeks pg, and having had two days of bleeding and pain, and now small clots of blood/tissue, assuming the worst. But hoping that someone will come and tell me there is still a chance that when I go for a scan next week that it might be ok??????

rainbowdays Wed 03-Jun-09 10:01:13

I take it that is a no then sad, please if anyone can give me even a glimmer of hope, please do.

monkeybumsmum Wed 03-Jun-09 10:10:34

Hi rainbowdays sad So sorry that you're going through this worry. I really hope that you don't get the bad news that you are expecting.

A friend of mine had quite significant bleeding at around 9 weeks, but I'm not sure if she was passing clots. She went for a scan assuming the worst but found that instead of miscarrying she had some kind of blood clot inside her womb, next to the baby. She carried on bleeding on and off for the next couple of months, and was told not to travel or do anything strenuous. Her ds was born last month.

I hope this gives you the glimmer of hope you're searching for. I will be thinking of you and hoping for the best.
When is your scan? Will they not bring it forward?

susiey Wed 03-Jun-09 10:14:22

yes i have had this and my dd is now 3 1/2

mine was at 12 weeks they told me I'd lost my baby and went to the epu to see if there was any 'matter' left. when i got there they found a baby alive and kicking

I hope everyting is allright for you have you seen a doctor yet?

dizzytrout Wed 03-Jun-09 10:44:28

Hi Rainbow,

I had bleeding at 13 weeks for nearly a whole week, it was quite heavy at times and slight cramps but not really painful ones. Midwife arranged a scan for me and I was prepared for the worst, but the scan showed the baby was fine and there was no explanation for the bleeding, I'm 20 weeks now and fingers crossed everything going well.

I hope everything goes well for you, thinking of you x

bagpuss Wed 03-Jun-09 10:48:26

I had bleeding and clots with ds1 (8) which went on from week 6 until week 11. It was alarming at the time but I went on to have a very normal pregnancy. I have had bleeding in 3 out of 4 of my pgs, all have been different and for differing amounts of time and all have been fine. I hope everything works out OK for you.

rainbowdays Wed 03-Jun-09 11:06:26

Thank you everyone, I know I am grasping at straws here in some ways, but I felt so much more certain about this pregnancy compared to my other miscarriages, it is hitting me hard.

I need to keep holding onto the glimmer of hope that things will be alright next week. Despite all the signs looking bad, I feel that I cannot give up yet on this possibility. I have an appointment for a scan next Tuesday. If it is bad news next week I will deal with it then, but I hope that I can come back and post good news.

Thank you again for giving me your positive stories, it does help me reading them.

bagpuss Wed 03-Jun-09 11:33:07

Oh, rainbowdays, I really do hope it is good news for you.

mowmi Wed 03-Jun-09 12:10:23

Rainbow - Hang in there hun x

undertheduvet Wed 03-Jun-09 12:57:13

Is there an EPU near you? They would scan you earlier than next Tuesday. I had bleeding at 6 weeks and expected the worst but the scan showed all ok. I hope eveything is ok for you, take care

christmasmum Wed 03-Jun-09 13:08:01

I really hope this has a happy ending. Not sure if this will help, but when I had a miscarriage I did a home pregnancy test when I had cramps, before the bleeding started, and my test was negative. I'm not sure if this will help or not, but I wanted to know either way.

Really hoping for you.

rainbowdays Wed 03-Jun-09 16:42:07

Thank you again for all your support, it helps knowing people care while I am in limbo-land waiting to find out.

Christmasmum - Thank you, that is what I had with my previous miscarriages. And is another reason why I am confused at the moment, as my pregnancy tests are still very strongly positive, now I know they would be for a while, but I thought having passed clots that this would be tissue and therefore my levels would start decreasing significantly? But obviously not!

Undertheduvet - I had a scan last monday, it showed a sac but no heartbeat, I was 6w5d at that point, sac measuring 6w1d. So I was told at that point it was 50/50 what would be seen at the repeat scan. But the following day I started passing clots, so now I am not so sure that it is 50/50 chance of it being ok? I know that by tuesday being one day off the 8 week mark that there should certainly be a heartbeat or things should have cleared out I guess. So I guess I will just have to live in limbo-land for the week. Thank you for you your support though.

RahRah1 Thu 04-Jun-09 11:05:23

Oh rainbow, thought I would pop on and saw ur post.

Sending u massive hugs and hope your little bean is ok.

Clots don't mean tissue, it's just from the bleeding. I had a massive bleed with bertie at 10 weeks and the bugged clots. The ambulance men both said it was more than likely I had lost him but then on my scan there he was with a hb. So u just don't know. I find this pregnancy lark a complete mystery!

Even with this pregnancy my first scan showed I was a week and half behind my dates, then a week behind at by next scan and then a few days behind and then at my 12 week scan I was spot on! Mad!!! The scan said to me at my first scan the pregnancy did not look viable and I was beside myself. But then they did an internal scan and actually found the hb! Did they do an internal one with u? I think early scanning is defo not an exact science. I defo think u are doing the right thing waiting until 8 weeks. My second scan was at about 8 weeks even thought they said I was only 7 weeks and it was a lot clearer and they found the hb straight away.

Anyway enough of my waffle... Sending u big hugs and u know where I am if u want to talk (won't pester u)

Love rah xxxx

Katelyn Thu 04-Jun-09 11:12:08

I've had bleeding - I miscarried, I got pregnant again, bled again - with clots and my little boy is 10 months old - hang in there x

Clairypops Mon 08-Jun-09 22:35:27

Hey,

Try not to panic, i know its easier said than done, but really you are stressing yourdelf more and could be making the situation worse.

I bled from very early on 3-4 weeks i think. I have also had clotting, pain and 3 heavy bleeds. I had an early scan which showed the heartbeat which was a sigh of relief and relaxed me a little. At the scan they seen a black shadow called a haematoma. This is bruising, that can simply just happen. They advised me that this can be very normal and should notice a significant reduction in size at my next scan. I have now just had my first proper scan at 14wks and the baby is doing well. There was no sign of the haemetoma and my bleeding has reduced majorly, although i still sometimes get small bits of tissue. As i said, i know its easier said than done, because i was panicing, but really try to stay positive.

I hope that helps you.

ALl the best

x

rainbowdays Mon 08-Jun-09 23:38:28

I really hope that I see a heartbeat tomorrow. If it was correct that I was 6w1d last week then tomorrow I should be 7w2d, so no excuse not to see a hb surely?!

Thank you for all your kind reassurances.

rainbowdays Tue 09-Jun-09 15:44:50

UPDATE: I am still in limbo land with no real knowledge of what is going on. I had a scan today, done by a useless doctor as the sonographer was unavailable, she supposedly measured the sac at 5w2d, last week it was 6w1d, so helpfully suggests I "probrably" will miscarry soon, SO, no I have not yet miscarried dispite all the cramps and bright red bleeding. NOW they are thinking I might also have an ectopic going on, so blood tests today and more in 48hours.

Instead of getting answers today, I just got more confusion.

kd73 Thu 11-Jun-09 19:28:20

What a nightmare Rainbow Days sad, how are you bearing up?

I've had 2 m/c and now have a 6month little boy. We had an early scan at 5/6 weeks and they found nothing on the external scan, the internal scan revealed a tiny hb but we had been told that this was quite unusual to get the hb at that early stage of the pregnancy. Also as Rah mentioned, the dates change, mine moved all over the shop so don't lose heart.

With regards to my miscarriages, I experienced bleeding and very severe cramps and we were in no doubt exactly when they ended sad

Fingers crossed for you x

2ndtimehappymum Sat 13-May-17 18:30:41

Hi just reading through some of the posts, i know that am late but truly greatful for some of the info that you guys have posted it really gives me hope. I am 8 wks today amd i have been bleeding with cramps and small clots since wednesday. i have had 2 other miscarriages and i am totaly scared shitless. My daughter who is now 9 yrs old have been praying for a sibling and it would break my heart if i lost this baby. i have a doctors app. on mondaypraying that everything will be ok

Ronnyowen12 Sun 21-May-17 14:49:23

Hi. I am too very greatful reading through these posts, they give me hope! Sorry to hear that 2ndtimehappymum, I have everything crossed for you that you'll be ok and your daughter will get her little brother/sister as she so wishes. I started bleeding last Saturday 13th, red blood not heavy but not spotting, I had slight cramps but manageable and very small clots. I had a scan last week and all they said is lining of womb is 12mm thick?! but couldn't see any sigh of baby but I would have only been 2 weeks pregnant according to digi test so I'm guessing this is way to early to scan anyway?? They said it's one of three... either too early to see anything, very early miscarriage or eptopic. I've got to go back again Tuesday 30th to take another preg test and if that's still positive then they will scan again. I stopped bleeding yesterday. I really don't know what to think. This is my third pregnancy. I've got a 4 year old and I had another little boy October last year so as you can imagine, this pregnancy wasn't planned but non the less I'm very happy. When I had my son October last year I was rushed back into hosp very poorly with retained products and blood clots surrounding my womb from the infection caused by the retained products so I keep thinking could this bleed be from that?! Also my period 22nd march was the first one I've had since having my son October last year so can't help but wondering if it's all linked with what happened xx

MaryShelley1818 Sun 21-May-17 17:22:12

ZOMBIE THREAD

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now