Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When is your first scan?

(4 Posts)
Thingiebob Tue 02-Jun-09 18:09:21

Hi
I should imagine this has been asked before so sorry. This is my first pregnancy. I am about 7/8weeks, saw the GP about a fortnight ago and am not seeing a midwife until 12 weeks.

When do you have your first scan? Terribly nervous as I have health problems and finding it difficult to believe that I may have a healthy baby growing inside of me!

EffiePerine Tue 02-Jun-09 18:10:50

Depends on your area - ask your surgery, they should know. I had a 12 week scan and a 20 week one, some areas don't do the first one. If you do have a 12 week scan then you need to make sure it's been booked for you!

EffiePerine Tue 02-Jun-09 18:11:43

you can of course go for a private scan (at 12 weeks or whatever) if you're worried,

mrswee Wed 03-Jun-09 09:54:45

My first scan appointment was 14 weeks and I didn't see my midwife until 17 weeks. I did find it all a bit worrying having to wait but it is really normal.

It turned out I git an early scan at 9 weeks as I was getting a love of pain. Everything was fine though.

I hope the wait passes quickly for you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now