Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

36 weeks and SO MUCH MOVEMENT and SQUIRMING and KICKING - such a thing as TOO much?

(20 Posts)
christiana Tue 02-Jun-09 06:54:36

Message withdrawn

iris66 Tue 02-Jun-09 07:09:38

Hi Christiana - I feel for you. I'm 35 weeks and on my 4th and regularly feel sick because of the amount of kicking/squirming that I get. I think there's more room to move when you've had babies before (each one of mine has been more wriggly for longer).

I think they just move more because they can smile, and, how much you feel depends on the baby's position (mine's back to back so I get all the hands/feet movement at the front). Distress usually presents as lack of movement (going on everything I've been told in previous pgs) which is why they get you to do a kick chart.

Try not to worry - I'm sure the scan will put your mind at rest - and watch out for cold drinks (which will make it wriggle more!)HTH

christiana Tue 02-Jun-09 07:14:43

Message withdrawn

insertwittynicknameHERE Tue 02-Jun-09 07:18:23

I have this now, I am 33+4 pg with my second and she is such a squirmer lol, DD1 was more of a stay in one place and kick my bladder to death baby grin

This one is so hard to pin down in one particular spot, she is all over the place. I too sometimes feel a bit sick with it.

NationalFlight Tue 02-Jun-09 07:27:27

Hi Christiana,

Well, it depends really. I have heard of one instance where the baby was VERY active, suddenly (so not like for days previously) and it went on for a little while and then everything stopped - it turned out the cord had become trapped round its little neck sad

So if it is sudden onset I would definitely get it checked out. Otherwise hopefully the baby is ok just a wriggler.

You could maybe ask to be seen, if you're worried - I probably would but I'm the nervous type!! smile

christiana Tue 02-Jun-09 07:45:38

Message withdrawn

iris66 Tue 02-Jun-09 08:45:49

christiana - hope your MW puts your mind at rest smile.

I think there's plenty of time for mine to turn around. I'm not worried at all - I think mine could happily turn right up to labour it's so baggy in there wink. Good luck with the birth.

JodieO Tue 02-Jun-09 08:47:15

That happened to me the day before I went into labour, I was 36 weeks and that was with my first baby. I didn't notice the same with the other two. Hope everything's ok.

christiana Tue 02-Jun-09 08:50:56

Message withdrawn

Owlingate Tue 02-Jun-09 08:56:05

ooh Jodie this happened to me too with my first at 35 weeks - he was kicking crazily so much that I couldn't sleep that night - waters broke next day and I and never slept properly again wink

JodieO Tue 02-Jun-09 08:57:50

Owl, my waters went too, I was sure the two were related at the time. It was very noticeable.

makipuppy Tue 02-Jun-09 08:59:28

Cristiana the cord thing is my personal obsession, but even I've had to give it up now. I'm pretty sure I read the same story mentioned by nationalfight, but in that case, if you read into it, they had been on the alert because there was something wrong with the cord, so it was already high risk. Nearly all cords are equipped to avoid any damage to the baby in the womb from this, and if they're not, this is generally picked up in the scan.

Also, remember your baby does not breathe through its nose and mouth yet - you're breathing for him/her!

timmette Tue 02-Jun-09 09:00:12

Christiana my ds was like that also even when lying under the duvet you could see the kicks I felt like a punch bag. But it all made sense after he was born he is 3 now and sleeps like that I often find him upside down in his bed or sideways across it etc.

christiana Tue 02-Jun-09 09:00:32

Message withdrawn

christiana Tue 02-Jun-09 09:08:03

Message withdrawn

timmette Tue 02-Jun-09 09:10:37

Yes and he was breech well transverse lie he was never head down. We had a scan and saw him sucking his thumb and he does that still now when over tired funny how their personlaities develop in the womb.

mrsbabookaloo Tue 02-Jun-09 09:46:48

Me too: am 37 weeks and can't believe how much movement, and don't remember it being the same the first time round. In the evenings it can be quite uncomfortable; each kick or roll makes me wince.

I've had diarrhea as well (sorry TMI), but others in family have as well, so it might just be a bug.

christiana Tue 02-Jun-09 10:21:54

Message withdrawn

NationalFlight Tue 02-Jun-09 10:47:48

arghh sorry to worry you smile

Hope all is fine xx

mrsbabookaloo Tue 02-Jun-09 11:30:33

Yes, apparently she is. Head down, spine on my right hand side, all my kicks and punches are on my left, but there's also a lot of sort of lurches and stretches and spasms!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now