Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I'm not in labour, am I? I mean, i have essays to write! Please help!!!

(18 Posts)
chibi Mon 01-Jun-09 19:10:22

Seriously...

This is my second pregnancy, am nearly 35 weeks.

I have been having MEGA braxton hick over the last 2 days - way more intense than the last time, and most recently since this pm feeling a bit like early labour contractions.

I have been keeping track of them, and they last about 30 seconds long, and don't seem to be getting much closer together, about 10-15 minutes apart.

My last labour came on fairly quickly - lost the mucous plug one day, by next evening, contractions started up around 6 pm, were happeneing every 2 minutes apart fairly sharpish + it was v clear that I was in labour.

I have had no other signs this time, but the regularity and intensity of the contractions keep me thinking, 'should i worry? Is it kicking off?'

Am I being hysterical? Should I worry? Do I call the labour ward? Help!!!!

Unicornvomit Mon 01-Jun-09 19:12:14

call labour ward, they might want to moitor you for a while, especially as you are still in prem labour territory.

it could just be BH , which can be strong, but if they are regular and strong, then it could be the start..

you should be checked out as soon as .

chibi Mon 01-Jun-09 19:12:55

o feck that's what I was afraid of. Thanks lulu.

chibi Mon 01-Jun-09 19:13:21

I think you are lulu...

Unicornvomit Mon 01-Jun-09 19:13:51

smile

let us know what happens !

Unicornvomit Mon 01-Jun-09 19:14:12

i am recognisable , even covered in unicorn puke !

TheBreastmilksOnMe Mon 01-Jun-09 19:17:25

I had very strong regular BH for daaays they were coming 7 mins apart but weren't getting any closer. In the end I did go to hospital and had to have my labour speeded up because I wasn't dilating and ending in an EMCS 3 days later.

If I could do it all again I would stay home for as long as possible and have plenty of baths and relax until they became much stonger and more frequent.

Going to hospital too soon was my mistake. I hope it works out for you.

MerlinsBeard Mon 01-Jun-09 19:17:30

Unfortunatly no one other than labour ward can tell you, best to go get checked out esp as yoiu are still on 35 weeks. If it is labour then i am sure your tutor will understand why you are handing our essay in late wink

Unicornvomit Mon 01-Jun-09 19:21:52

those weren;t BH then, those were labour contractions

normally, iu would agree with the wait and see approach, but at 34/35 weeks, it really should be checked, if it is labour, the baby might need a bit of help at birth, and really the OP should go and get profesional reassurance

Unicornvomit Mon 01-Jun-09 19:22:47

what i mean is, if you had your labour augmeneted, you weren't just having BH, you were in labour.

chibi Mon 01-Jun-09 19:24:42

am on the phone to labour ward now - waiting to talk to a mw. cross yr fingers for me ladies!

TheBreastmilksOnMe Mon 01-Jun-09 19:26:09

Really? The midwives didn't seem convinced! I thought contractions became closer together and lasted longer? These pains didn't seem to although some were pretty painful!

chibi Mon 01-Jun-09 19:28:24

am going to get checked out

norktasticninja Mon 01-Jun-09 19:29:43

Good luck! Here's hoping the little one decides to stay put for a few more weeks.

If it's any consolation I had BH every 3 - 4 minutes for about 10 hours yesterday and it all stopped as quickly as it started.

LeninGrad Mon 01-Jun-09 19:31:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MerlinsBeard Mon 01-Jun-09 19:34:45

they wouldn't have sped your labour up iuf it wasn't labour

good luck OP

Unicornvomit Wed 03-Jun-09 07:22:48

hey chibbi. hope all is well, and you update when you can ! x

Unicornvomit Fri 05-Jun-09 07:31:54

slightly concerned by the silence..

hope all is well.. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now