Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can you have varicose veins in your la la?...

(9 Posts)
Bertsmum Mon 01-Jun-09 17:34:08

After two successful pregnancies, from which I emerged unscathed (boobs excepted)- I'm now 21 weeks into my third pregnancy and from very early on I have felt like my bits were a foot long and half a foot wide (as if Ive got two weeks to go...I literally feel as though I could squat down and have the baby right now...). On closer inspection (not pleasant...)The veins just inside my lala are prominent and raised. My concern is will this get much worse after a few hours of pushing baby out? I'm well aware of the likely hood piles but I've never heard of varicose veins any where else other than legs.... Can anyone shed any light on this attractive problem??

jellybeans Mon 01-Jun-09 17:43:27

Hi yes you can and luckily they go away after delivery (in most cases anyway). I think they are called vulval varises or simelar. I know a few people who had them and they caused no probs at the birth aqnd went afterwards. Believe they can throb though.

Bertsmum Tue 02-Jun-09 09:42:48

Thanks for the info xxx

suwoo Tue 02-Jun-09 09:47:12

I have one on my outer labia. Niiice!!! blush

angevee Tue 02-Jun-09 16:58:43

I had them too, but they seemed to calm down after week 30. I found that putting a couple of drops of tea tree oil in the bath helped and keeping your feet up as much as possible.

whomovedmychocolate Tue 02-Jun-09 17:00:28

Not varicose veins but my that's one hell of a pile grin

Southwind Tue 02-Jun-09 20:49:00

My sister complains of those, I thought it was just an excuse to get out of the ironing (hmm)lol

feedthegoat Tue 02-Jun-09 21:03:25

I had one in the last couple of weeks before I gave birth. I panicked abit as it looked like a large purple spot and naively I had no idea what it was! As Jellybeans said, it went after the birth.

HeinzSight Tue 02-Jun-09 21:31:27

ROFL @ la la grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now