Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Warwick Hospital

(4 Posts)
allothernamesused Mon 01-Jun-09 17:31:35

Have just moved to the area and thinking of giving birth at Warwick Hospital - any comments anyone?

angevee Tue 02-Jun-09 16:55:42

My husband is currently working in Warwick and I am still in Hertfordshire. We take it in turns to visit eachother at weekends, so there is always the chance of me giving birth at Warwick hospital. I'm due next week.
One of the people he works with's wife is a senior midwife and she couldnt believe in my current situation I wouldn't be sitting and waiting to give birth at Warwick Hospital. She sang it's praises.
Hope that you're enjoying Warwick. We're hoping to all be together up there by the end of the year.

mrsradish Tue 02-Jun-09 20:30:19

I had my ds at Warwick by emcs 18 mths ago and have only got good things to say. I also know a few people who are due soon and have elected to go to Warwick even though it's not their local hospital.
The partner's visiting is great, lovely staff and when I was there it was a really relaxed atmosphere. I'm nearly 6 mths pregnant and will be going there again to have this one.
Hope that helps!

Squarah Tue 02-Jun-09 22:39:56

I echo *mrs radish*'s thoughts - lovely midwives and nice big birthpool. I'll be there again next year and feel very happy with the idea.

They were slightly low on staff postnatally but I think the ward was overly full last summer when it was suddenly hot! But pre and during labour absolutely brilliant.

Welcome to Warwick!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now