Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anybody with Crohn's?

(5 Posts)
NatalieDi Mon 01-Jun-09 16:27:13

Hello everybody. I seem to be 'a little bit pregnant' - 4 weeks
The thing is, i have had Crohn's disease for over 8 years now... All the web-sites say that it is fine and safe to have a baby as long as it's in remission. And it is, knock-knock-knock on the wood.
Anybody else out there with Crohn's? (It feels kind of lonely, you know at such an early stage, and also we are all so trained not to talk about silly things and not to behave silly blush)

QueenFee Mon 01-Jun-09 22:50:55

Hello smile

Congratulations! I don't have Crohn's myself but have a friend who has 3 healthy children all carried whilst she had Crohn's.

Good Luck!

NatalieDi Tue 02-Jun-09 09:22:13

Dear QueenFee, thsnk you so very much for that! 3 children is statistically significant grin

It is so great to know that there are people out there that don't mind listening for a second and sharing a bit of good around All the very best to you!

Tiddler8076 Tue 02-Jun-09 11:08:54

Hello

I have Crohns and an Ilestomy am now 19 weeks pregnant and touch wood everything seems to be going according to plan!

You sound alittle frigthened which is understandable. I was and still am with every new stage of pregnancy I think of something new to worry about..lol!

As long as you are seeing your midwife regularly and possibly your consultant at the hospital as well then fingers crossed everything should go fine.
Are you a member of NACC? They probably have some more info on pregnancy and Crohns which might be useful.

Take care and good luck :0

NatalieDi Fri 05-Jun-09 15:21:13

Oh, bless you, Tiddler8076! I hope you continue feeling well and everything works out just right with both you and the baby!

NACC are a little bit too generic with pregnancy advice, i find... I mean c-section or natural? NHS or private to make sure it a consultant each time? More vitamin B group to make up for the scarring and reduced absorption? You know how it is, literally limitless number of things to worry about :-)

Are you being treated with a little bit more attention during your appointments? (Just because the private fees are soooooo silly...)

And i have not called my gastro consultant yet, what is there to tell at 4 weeks grin

All the very best to you and stay well!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now