Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bleeding at 9+ weeks. Very worried.

(27 Posts)
LaDiDaDi Mon 01-Jun-09 09:02:37

I'm on the due in Dec thread and really stressed. Yesterday evening I had a sudden left sided pain in my lower abdomen then about an hour later when I went to get in the shower there was dried blood on my underwear and more blood (like a period) when I wiped.

I went to A+E who said that I still had a positive pregnancy test and the doctor there thought that she could palpate my uterus just above my pubic bone. I've got an appointment at EPAU but not until Thursday which is going to kill me if I have to wait that long. I've contacted the two local private hospitals and neither do earlu USS.

Need some words of advice, comfort and hope please.

littleboyblue Mon 01-Jun-09 09:08:03

I'm so sorry you are going through this and ae worried.
It can be quite normal to bleed during pregnancy, my friend did throughout and her baby is perfect, although he is 5 now......
If you are really worried and can't wait until thursday, I suggest you go and see your gp and discuss your thoughts and feeling honestly. They might reffer you earlier due to your state of mind.
Goodluck

LaDiDaDi Mon 01-Jun-09 12:38:23

sad bump.

I can't get an earlier scan anywhere from Manchester to Glasgow (I'm in Newcastle).

I think I've resigned myself to this pregnancy being over but I need to see it confirmed.

VJaybigpants Mon 01-Jun-09 12:43:02

Hi ladidadi I'm so sorry you are going through this and it's outrageous you can't get a scan now. I had 2 mc's last year, I'm now 28 weeks pg but still had bleeding in the early days with this one too, I'm telling you this because it goes to show you can never tell well what the outcome will be. I wish you lots of luck and hope it all goes well for you smile

LaDiDaDi Mon 01-Jun-09 12:48:12

Thanks VJay and littleboy.

Just feel terrified to go to the loo or get in the shower now in case I see more blood.

My breasts don't hurt anymore (though they are still about twice their normal size) and that was the only real pregnancy symptom I had.

Will struggle to get through until Thursday.

Don't really want to post on the Due in Dec thread and stress everyone else out.

I kept having a bad feeling about this pregnancy. I had been convinced that I would go for my 12 week scan I would have had a mmc.

littleboyblue Mon 01-Jun-09 13:20:19

I've had 3 mc's now. It is awful, but worst is not knowing isn't it?
Is there anything you can do to distract yourself? Probably not.
Will be thinking of you. x

hackneybird Mon 01-Jun-09 14:19:40

I am shocked you can't get a scan until Thursday, that is outrageous.

Can you bear to go to a private clinic and spend the money?

I am thinking of you and hope for a positive outcome.

LaDiDaDi Mon 01-Jun-09 16:01:42

Thanks littleboy and hackney.

I'd be more than happy to spend the money on a private scan if I could get one sooner within 3 hours drive but I can't.

The worst is not knowing. I feel like I've almost accepted that it's over this time but I just need to see the scan.

Owlingate Mon 01-Jun-09 16:06:12

LaDiDa - I had brown bleeding at 9+2 with this pregnancy ( and was also resigned to the fact it was all over. Stop taking my injections etc. (for a pg related prob) and took lethally strong painkillers. Went into EPU purely to arrange ERPC when MC didn't seem to progress. They found heartbeat and saw area of bleed on scan underneath baby. They felt bleed was from where it had 'burrowed in' further. Its shite bleeding at 9 weeks because you know it can't be implantation or anything but it looks like mine was. HTH (am now 14 weeks).

LaDiDaDi Mon 01-Jun-09 16:09:06

Oh thanks Owlingate. That has actually given me a little bit of hope, especially as you felt like I do, that it's all over.

Owlingate Mon 01-Jun-09 16:14:20

Oh I forgot to say - I also had period pains / mild contractions and was told my uterus was actually contracting to get the area of bleed out. So I felt doubly sure. I really hope your situation is the same as mine.

By the way a lot of normal NHS hosps annoyingly offer early scans privately and can actually be cheaper than the proper private hosps. I am pretty sure the RVI offer this - have you tried them?

mrswee Mon 01-Jun-09 16:21:36

I'm so sorry you are going through this.

I can't understand why they don't offer you a scan now, that is very unfair.

I am in Edinburgh and had a bad pain on my left side at about 9 weeks. They got me in for a scan the next day after I had called the Early pregnancy support unit at the ERI. The only reason I didn't get to go in straight away was that they were closing for the day soon after I called but they did say that if the pain got worse started that I could go in out of hours.

Try not to worry but may be speaking to a doctor again stressing how worried you are and how it is not good for you or the baby may get you in sooner.

Everything turned out fine for me and I am 23 weeks now.

I did have a bleed of old blood about 3 weeks later which worried me again but they thought it was all related and it was caused by implantation, this could be exactly the same for you.. I couldn't belive how sore it was!!

Thelongroadhome Mon 01-Jun-09 16:23:04

Sorry to hear about your worries. There is also a private clinic in edinburgh that does early scans (not sure how they are for appts or if you have already tried them). They are called Healthcare Now in Stafford Street. Hope everything turns out well for you - I know its such a nightmare waiting when you are worried.

mrswee Mon 01-Jun-09 16:26:58

P.S. My Breasts stopped being sore around 9 weeks too but are still getting bigger.. not sure I will be able to get a bra to fit by the time I am nursing!!

LaDiDaDi Mon 01-Jun-09 16:33:06

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou. I can't tell you how helpful you have been.

The RVI have an apt for a private scan tonight at 6.45pm. Will be back with the results later.

VJaybigpants Mon 01-Jun-09 17:13:08

Good luck ladidadi, will check up on you later smile

mrswee Mon 01-Jun-09 17:51:13

Good luck, thinking of you!

LaDiDaDi Mon 01-Jun-09 19:43:01

Thanks for all of your support and special thanks to Owl for telling me about the scans at the RVI.

That was the best 90 pounds we have ever spent. There is a lovely little baby still kicking away in me grin. 10+2 weeks by scan grin.

The doctor could offer no explanation for my bleeding. Said that if I hadn't told him then he wouldn't have known as there was nothing on the scan to indicate that it had happened or why it might have happened.

Happy, happy, happy here tonight.

mrswee Mon 01-Jun-09 20:09:07

congratulations on your healthy little bean! I'm glad you are ok and didn't have to wait till thursday.

VJaybigpants Mon 01-Jun-09 20:40:29

Oh congratulations ladidadi I'm really pleased for you smile

anniebigpants Mon 01-Jun-09 20:41:32

So happy it was a good outcome for you.

pinky78 Mon 01-Jun-09 20:46:59

well done ladidadi shame we cant have a beer 2 celebrate lol congrats xx

ladylush Mon 01-Jun-09 20:54:38

Great news ladidadi smile I had a sub-chorionic haematoma in this pregnancy. It's basically a blood clot in the uterus. Mine was near the placenta but away from the sac so not affecting the baby. It was very scary and I bled from 7-15 weeks. From about 10 weeks onwards the clot was not visible by scan and I think it is a common cause of pregnancy bleeding which is not easily detectable.

cairnterrier Mon 01-Jun-09 22:38:07

Hi Ladidadi

Just to say how pleased I am that all has turned out well for you.

LaDiDaDi Mon 01-Jun-09 22:45:27

Thanks for all of your congrats. So cheery.

Dp said after the scan "Well, I suppose that bloody mumsnet has been useful", high praise indeed for him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now