Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

First mom worried! PLEASE ADVICE!!!

(3 Posts)
ambermariee Mon 01-Jun-09 03:55:35

Ohkay, well to start off I'm 17 years old and this is my first pregnancy. I'm so scared! I'm 18 weeks on thursday...what are the chances of something happening to my baby or if there was something wrong with me...I would know already right? i've been reading all these things about people and how they lose their baby cuz theres somehting wrong with their uterus or cervix or something wouldn't I already know that i've had absolutely no complications and the doctor says the baby is very very healthy I've been on prenatal vitamins since 5 weeks..Am I just worried about nothing? and how early can a baby be and still live??

l39 Mon 01-Jun-09 06:11:26

Did you ever go back to the previous question you posted on Tuesday the 19th? The answers were all kind and reassuring.
You'll have to wait a bit if you keep posting at 4am though, we Brits are mostly asleep then.
24 weeks is usually taken to be when the baby becomes viable if born though there are some who have survived born younger. If your doctor says there are no problems, try to calm down.

audreyraines Mon 01-Jun-09 06:22:28

hi, i know it can be nerve wracking, but try to relax, in all likelihood your baby and you are completely fine. in all likelihood any complications would have been picked up by now. as l39 says, a baby has a reasonable chance of surviving after 24 weeks and the odds get better each week after that.
but honestly the majority of women have a healthy full term baby, and i don't think there's any reason to believe that you won't.

do you have anyone to talk to about you pregnancy? some family or friends? maybe even a doctor or midwife to talk through your concerns? it might help put your mind at ease.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now