Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant after Ectopic

(2 Posts)
xfingerscrossedx Sun 31-May-09 19:55:41

Hi all,

I've just found out that I am 5 weeksa pregnant following an ectopic pregnancy Feb 08. I am terrified!

Was having pains similar to ovulation pains, which the doctor diagnosed as a urine infection. He was very sympathetic and reassuring (eventhough I immediatley dissolved into tears as soon as I got in there)!

However, whilst those pains appear to have improved, I am having cramps similar to period pains - not all the time and not horrific, but quite uncomfortable at times. I am trying to be reasonable and not cry/scream etc... but am so scared after what happened last time!

Has anyone else experienced similar pains/felt the same way as me?

Am waiting for a date for an early scan, but may well be sectioned by then!

Any advice would be great! grin

laurawantsababy Sun 31-May-09 21:10:46

Hi, I am 5 weeks pg too and have been having period type pains on and off for a week now. I had them with dd aswell.

I had a scan at 7 weeks with dd and could see clearly the bean and the heart beating.

Good luck and dont worry - You are allowed to panic smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now