Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I never thought I'd have to ask this but...

(24 Posts)
BigFatNegative Sun 31-May-09 15:28:39

do you think I could be pregnant?

I had my last period in dec 07 so due to pregnancy and breast feeding I have yet to have another.

Had unprotected sex with Dp on the 17th of this month and had to take the Morning after pill the next day.

Started getting period like aching in tummy and lower back a couple of days ago for 3 days and felt like I was going to start my period but it went away and I've had nothing since.

I took a pregnancy test yesterday and it showed negative even though it would probably be way too soon to tell.

It's just the achey pains coming and then going that have made me suspiscious.

What do you think?

SAEJ Sun 31-May-09 15:35:13

Maybe?

Moring after pill usually effective but not always - did you have a period after taking it?

Might just be your cycle adjusting to the pill and bfing etc?

I think only time will tell!

juneybean Sun 31-May-09 15:37:15

IME the MAP sometimes makes you feel pregnant so possibly just the hormones in the pill making you feel like you are.

BigFatNegative Sun 31-May-09 17:19:58

No, no period just felt like it was on its way then pains dissapeared (had the same thing happen when I conceived my DS)

Why doesn't anyone have a crystal ball hmm?

FabulousBakerGirl Sun 31-May-09 17:21:50

And sorry, but why don't people use contraception if they don't want a baby?

BigFatNegative Sun 31-May-09 17:23:10

Who the hell are you to judge?

Jacksmama Sun 31-May-09 17:24:27

That's not helpful FBG. hmm I'm pretty sure the OP is kicking herself hard enough for not having used protection, she doesn't need you to do it for her.

FabulousBakerGirl Sun 31-May-09 17:24:37

I am not judging. Juat amazed at the amount of people who have unprotected sex when they don't want a baby.

FabulousBakerGirl Sun 31-May-09 17:25:29

It was just a general observation.

Jacksmama Sun 31-May-09 17:26:25

FBG, you've clearly never found yourself in the position of "oh good, the baby's finally asleep and we have 6.2 seconds to ourselves" and forgot precautions in the heat of the moment. Well, congratulations on your discipline.

TitsalinaBumsquash Sun 31-May-09 17:27:01

She made a mistake whilst having a lustfull moment with her dp, and then took the MAP - is that not enough for you? hmm not helpfull at all.

Anyway, OP, the MAP is a huge does of hormones isn't it? So maybe its just messed with your system a bit, maybe wait a while and do another test if nothing then maybe visit your GP for some answers? smile

FabulousBakerGirl Sun 31-May-09 17:27:58

It isn't discipline.

I am not interested in having an argument. We are all adults on here and there are plenty of people who take risks. Just surprised how many and decided to express it for once.

BigFatNegative Sun 31-May-09 17:29:42

An inaccurate and unwanted 'general observation'. You don't know me and your observtaion wasn't asked for. Bugger off.

Jacksmama Sun 31-May-09 17:29:57

Well, this might have been a good thread for controlling that impulse. hmm

BigFatNegative Sun 31-May-09 17:31:38

Jackmama grin exactly! Although 6.2 seconds was a bit longer than it lasted for me!

Sensitivechildminder Sun 31-May-09 17:32:45

I have used a condom with DH, it splitted, took the MAP..got pregnant. So yes it can happen or your body is still adjusting...whatever the result, hope it's the one you want !!!xx

Jacksmama Sun 31-May-09 17:34:10

grin
Hope it was good anyway. And that you're ok however it turns out.

BigFatNegative Sun 31-May-09 17:35:23

Sensitivechildminder- I would luuurve to be pregnant again but sadly not DP (at the moment anyway) so i'm hoping it has failed as it would definately not be the end of the world!

Sensitivechildminder Sun 31-May-09 17:51:13

Well I'll send all my positive vibes towards you !!! When are you going to test ?? You better come back and tell us the result !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigFatNegative Sun 31-May-09 18:01:07

thanks- I tested already hence the name!(name changed for this too) but maybe it's too soon smile

LessThenIdeal Sun 31-May-09 19:53:50

Sadly, even taking precautions isn't always foolproof. So says she who's almost eight weeks pregnant after taking the pill and using condoms....

Good luck, BFN - hope you get the outcome you want.

Boogellyboo Wed 03-Jun-09 14:16:59

Bac in March I had a condom split, took MAP within 18 hours and have just got back from my 16 week midwife check-up so yes, MAP does fail sometimes! I really felt like my period was starting for a few days before I took my test, I only took it to convince myself I wasnt actually pregnant! Hope you get the outcome you want from it.

chaya5738 Wed 03-Jun-09 14:32:16

Heh heh. I love the "I am not interested in having an argument" line after saying something offensive. I am going to use that in future.

Good luck with the results!

Gateau Wed 03-Jun-09 15:52:25

OP, you could be pregnant.
We were trying for another baby and so was gutted when I got the achey period feeling.
I did various tests, some of which were negative (though I thought I could see a second line if I held the test up to the light and REALLY squinted. Anyway, tested again a couple of days later and the result was def pregnant. Now I'm nearly 20 weeks! smile
I do hope you get the result you want, though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now