Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hope required - impending miscarriage...

(13 Posts)
mowmi Sat 30-May-09 09:49:39

Ladies - please help me! Yesterday I went for a scan at 6 weeks (fairly sure of my dates) and there was absolutely nothing in the sac (sac measured 5.5 weeks) the sonographer spent lots of time with us rumaging and pressing and she just couldn't see a thing. We've got to go back Monday week for confirmation but she didn't give us hope to take away with.

This is the 2nd time this year this as happened to us - (1st IVF in Jan and then this one was a natural pregnancy which I foolishly thought might mean we were fixed!)

I've got PCOS and I'm wondering if this is all I've got to look forward to?

Has anyone else had a couple of empty sacs and then gone on to have a heathy pregnancy?

Thanks for reading x

PlantASeedWatchItGrow Sat 30-May-09 09:54:30

I had an empty sac, think it was 4 weeks, then at 6 weeks a healthy heartbeat, DD now nearly 2!

Sorry I can't be much more help.

HTH

Thelongroadhome Sat 30-May-09 23:32:49

Hi Mowmi, Sorry to hear what has happened. I have had 4 miscarriages in total, one was at 13 week scan when they saw an empty sac, but I also have 3 children so there is hope for the future. For now you have to come to terms with what has happened. Good luck.

mowmi Sun 31-May-09 16:41:27

thanks ladies x

mowmi Thu 04-Jun-09 16:16:52

just wanted to post an update in case anyone stumbles on this thread in the future.
I've just come home from EPAU and I've seen the heart beat. My dates were slightly out - only 6+2 not 6+6
This is the problem with scanning too early but It didn't stop me!!
Hope this gives you hope if you need it.

x

Deemented Thu 04-Jun-09 16:25:42

That's great news, Mowmi grin

anniemac Thu 04-Jun-09 19:19:09

Message withdrawn

mowmi Sat 06-Jun-09 11:42:55

Thanks Anniemac, They can indeed be the devils work! can't believe the difference 6 days made! wanted it for reasurance but had the complete opposite effect!
Hope you got through your train journey in one piece!

x

mowmi Sat 06-Jun-09 11:44:20

ps happy our dates are so close - we can counsel each other through x

anniemac Sat 06-Jun-09 13:47:20

Message withdrawn

Thandeka Sat 06-Jun-09 13:54:46

Mowmi- hurrah!

Castiel Sat 06-Jun-09 13:59:38

Brill news. I had severe bleeding at 7+4 and was warned a scan might not show the baby yet and that 6-8 weeks is a period of massive change. I did see a hb, she's 2 now. Early scans can be so worrying.

Disenchanted3 Sat 06-Jun-09 14:02:52

fab,

same happened with DS1

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now