Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

WTF has happened to my face? Broken blood vessels?

(5 Posts)
YanknCock Fri 29-May-09 17:37:34

I thought my barfing days were done, hadn't thrown up for a few weeks (am 27+3 today). For some reason, my stomach took exception to melba toast today and I yakked my guts out, very violently, even had it coming out my nose.

DH kindly came home and took me out for some french fries and a milkshake (favourite sickness cure). Went to the bathroom while at restaurant, and got a shock when I looked in the mirror---it looks like I have some kind of rash! Brighter than sunburn, and more pin-prick looking, mostly on my cheeks and nose. Never had this before, is this what burst blood vessels look like?

I stomped out and demanded to know why DH had sat across from me for an hour and not said anything. He said, 'I suppose you do look a little red'. Then a few minutes ago, 'blimy, your face really does look red!'

Will it get worse? When will it go away?

Arrggghhhh....the indignities never stop.

3littlefrogs Fri 29-May-09 17:41:08

It is called petaechial rash - from throwing up. It is burst blood vessels. It will fade very gradually. I had it permanently from having hyperemesis. I looked as if I had been punched in the face.

YanknCock Fri 29-May-09 18:00:38

Glad it will fade, not so glad about the 'gradual' part! I haven't worn foundation for months, I wonder if that would cover it? Had heard of this sort of thing happening in labour with pushing, but not with being sick. Weird because I was throwing up loads before and never got this. Hoping it's a one-of and sickness is not back.

Moosy Fri 29-May-09 18:44:46

I get this around my eyes nearly every time I'm sick. The dots normally go after a few days on me.

mickeylou Wed 03-Jun-09 14:44:01

I was very sick with my first and had this a few times when i was particularly poorly. it always faded very quickly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now