Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Expecting Twins

(15 Posts)
goldenoldie Sat 07-May-05 08:52:03

Anyone else out there expecting twins? Mine are not due till December.

MarsLady Sat 07-May-05 09:11:30

Wow! I have twins, 15 months old in a couple of days. Just wanted to say Congratulations! How's it going and how far along are you?

Nimme Sat 07-May-05 09:11:39

No sorry - just wanted to say congratulations

tiffini Sat 07-May-05 10:14:27

i also have twins 17monrhs, they are alot of fun, congratulation adn have fun.

tiffini Sat 07-May-05 10:16:01

gosh, just realised, due in December, that means you have only just found out, how do you feel, still in shock i bet, i remember it well.

goldenoldie Sat 07-May-05 10:21:02

Feeling very sick and nervous. My clothes are also starting to feel tight, and I'm feeling breathless but I'm only 9 weeks - is this right?

MarsLady Sat 07-May-05 10:22:24

Yeah, all sounds familiar honey.

MarsLady Sat 07-May-05 10:24:13

gotta go sort out kids. Keep posting goldenoldie, also on the multiple threads. Will look in on you. Rest where you can.

tiffini Sat 07-May-05 10:26:44

is this your first pregnancy.

goldenoldie Sat 07-May-05 11:54:03

No, this is my third pregnancy. I have a son (9) already.

Want to tell work as late as possible - how many weeks do you think I can hide my bump for/make people think I'm just getting fat? Do you think I can last out to 16 weeks?

ScummyMummy Sat 07-May-05 12:03:30

Doubt it babe. Showing early with twins is classic, I'm afraid. Allow for looking at least a month further ahead than you actually are, iirc. Congratulations.

tiffini Sat 07-May-05 12:26:46

agree, you will start showing very early on, they are likely to guess you are pregnant, but may not ask, so you could keep quiet and keep them guessing.

Milly1968 Sat 07-May-05 20:09:13

Not sure you'll be able to last until 16 weeks. People started congratulating me when I was just 10 weeks - it was all rather difficult as I didn't want to tell anyone until I was at least 12 weeks. However, mine were IVF twins and I had mild OHSS which made me very bloated at the start of the pregnancy and then I just got bigger and bigger very quickly.

Congratulations and best of luck.

goldenoldie Sun 08-May-05 10:39:51

Thanks for all the advice. Think I will have to come clean at work when I hit 12 weeks, just hope they won't guess before.

Kelly1978 Sun 08-May-05 12:36:29

Congrats goldenoldie, I've got 6 week old twins, and still getting used to the fact there are two of them! I was also very sick at the beginning, but although I did get a bump quite early it was compact until about 5 months - I was still in jeans, and so could conceal it. Then it just ballooned overnight, and gave me terrible stretchmarks!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: