Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sigh. Sore front bum.

(6 Posts)
McSnail Wed 27-May-09 19:36:53

Yes, yes, I know it's not nice, but what the hey.

My fanny is killing me. Not everyday, but on a regular basis, I feel really swollen and if I squat, or even pat myself dry after going for a pee, it's agony. Just wanted to moan... I'm assuming this is due to all the extra blood pumping around my body?

Monkeyandbooba Wed 27-May-09 20:51:37

You can get varicous veins in the fanjo region in pregnancy plus of course the increased blood flow.

McSnail Wed 27-May-09 20:54:52

Yes - I heard about the varicose veins thing. Didn't want to believe it, it sounds so horrible. I'm not convinced (ie. refuse to accept, haha) this is due to varicosity - it's not always painful.

Thingiebob Mon 01-Jun-09 23:55:58

What about itchyness? I have had this for the last day or so and it's really painful. Although it does not feel like I need to use Canestan. I'm 8 weeks pregnant.

LackaDAISYcal Mon 01-Jun-09 23:59:42

could it be SPD? I had SPD and normal things were agony; especially squatting and walking up and down stairs. It felt like I was being wrenched in two and was very burny/stingy feeling.

Wearing a full body elastic bandage helped, as did some exercises from the physio.

camflower Tue 02-Jun-09 23:26:30

you are not alone. i'm 28 weeks now and for prob at least the past 8 i've been getting this horrid aching right up inside, sometimes it feels like i've been kicked in the fanny! i think it's worse if i sit down for ages too (which is a shame cos my job involves sitting down for ages in front of a computer). i mentioned it at one hospital appointment but they didn't have anything constructive to say apart from the importance of doing your pelvic floor exercises. that said, i did read someone complaining of this problem and they were examined and it was all to do with the back wall of the vagina collapsing or something cos of the pressure. v common apparently!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now