Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cravings and Aversions

(8 Posts)
Rochwen Thu 05-May-05 18:03:47

Honestly I looked through the forum and couldn't find a thread about it, so if there is one with this topic already please forgive me for duplicating.

So, what were your cravings and aversions during pregnancy (if you have/had any)?

During the first three months I could only eat yellow food, e.g. bananas, custard, potatoes, pasta ... (yes it was the colour not the actual kind of food). I couldn't stand anything that wasn't yellow. I even had to put my supplements into a yellow lidded container, lol.

Now (I'm 26 weeks) I can eat pretty much everything again and I crave cinnamon flavoured chewing gum, beer (I know I know but I found a good alcohol free lager) and pasta pasta pasta.

My only aversions are broccoli(unfortunately) and chicken, both of which I used to love.

Rochwen

Gem1355 Thu 05-May-05 18:52:14

Mine were chocolate for the first 7 then refresher ice lollies for the last 2!!!

beansprout Thu 05-May-05 18:55:53

Although I had been drinking it for years I went completely off peppermint tea, which of course, everyone recommended when I felt sick - bleurgh!

Didn't have any major cravings although I did have an incident with a jar of olives in a car park and to my lefty, veggie shame, I did really want McDonalds once. I class that as a non-food craving!!

meggymoo Thu 05-May-05 19:02:27

Message withdrawn

shhhh Thu 05-May-05 20:06:25

At the beginning I went off everything even chocolate. After about 4 months I was back to my usual self but then went off everything again at about 35 weeks. I'm now 38+ weeks and only fancy fruit, salad, ice lollies on and the smell and taste of plaster/cement. God knows why!!!

Posey Thu 05-May-05 20:38:24

Not a single aversion during either pregnancy.
1st pregnancy got a craving for Skittles (sweets) and 2nd time for crisps and Fruit Gums. Ds is now 2 and I still munch a packet most days

pooka Thu 05-May-05 22:00:04

Ditto with the skittles first time round. This time have a massive aversion to poultry, quiches and carbonara sauce.

dyzzidi Fri 06-May-05 10:19:40

How soon in your pregnancy did the cravings start??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now