Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

when did you first get a bump

(33 Posts)
starshaker Thu 21-May-09 16:33:24

How far on were you before you though yay i look pregnant

frillysquiff Thu 21-May-09 16:39:44

16 weeks but even then my husband couldn't see it (

starshaker Thu 21-May-09 16:52:29

im 6 weeks and have a deffinate rounding. Thats not normal. or it could be my addiction to bacon and sausages on toast mmmmmmmmmm

Wonderwitch Thu 21-May-09 16:53:05

Hello xx

Not sure why and most people are so surprised, but I am 8 weeks and have got quite a bump, it is very noticeable hmm

I started getting a bump at about 5/6 weeks, very strange, wondering if it is because this is my 3rd and my tummy muscles are shot to pieces lol

Anyone know if this is normal??

devotion Thu 21-May-09 17:02:35

5 months with first, 4 mths with 2nd and looking forward to seeing third

try not to compare though, we're all different and you can end up driving yourself crazy comparing everything.

I have tosay also that at about 6-8 weeks with my 2nd pregnancy i started to show but it just turned out i was a bit bloated and went down after a week or so.

x

bubblagirl Thu 21-May-09 17:08:38

10 weeks i was really obvious by 4 mths i looked full term everyone used to say not long now 5 mths and the shock on there faces lol

Trikken Thu 21-May-09 17:42:54

cant remember with first but with this one Im beginning to get a bump at 16 weeks. Got told i looked like i've been eating too many biscuits on monday when I was out grocery shopping.

shellmc Thu 21-May-09 18:03:22

This is my first baby i started to show properly at 18 and half weeks!!! Untill then i used to walk around sticking my tummy out to make it look noticable, now ya cant miss it. 40 weeks today and feeling huge!! LOL xx

Trikken Thu 21-May-09 18:33:13

on a different note I do remember when I was feeling really big and was 5 days overdue with ds and someone came up to me and dh and said "where's this baby then?" thinking id had it and seemed suprised when i said it was still in my belly.

oopsacoconut Thu 21-May-09 18:34:54

I was 32 weeks and people still didn't notice most of the time - so I resorted to wearing tight tops but by 36 weeks there was no doubt I was about to pop!

pippa251 Fri 22-May-09 08:41:56

24 weeks - but I am huge now and am 32 + 5

Cies Fri 22-May-09 08:48:46

Ohh, this is reassuring! I'm 15 weeks with my first and for some reason had thought I'd have a bump by now. All I have is my same belly (size 14) but solid not flabby. So I look no different to normal.

pippa251 Fri 22-May-09 09:23:38

Also don't worry when people comment on your lack of bump- I get it all the time in the gym changing room people telling me
'Oh I was huge at your stage!'
'aren't you neat!'

Your body will show and change when it's ready and people often look back and they may not remember accuratley- you always think you're bigger than you are- proven to me when I saw photos of my mate who had her last child 3 years ago- she was tiny!

MarlaSinger Fri 22-May-09 09:25:49

I think it was about 20 weeks or so with my first. I was still in normal jeans for my 20 week scan.

I am 8 weeks at the moment and don't think it will be long!

YanknCock Fri 22-May-09 11:18:52

It only happened two days ago (26 weeks). But I'm a very big apple-shaped person to begin with. Didn't need different clothes at all (and still don't really!). Very suddenly this week I got a round bump under my boobs and people have started to realise I'm not just fat, I'm pregnant (and fat). grin

Baisey Fri 22-May-09 12:01:14

I was tiny before I had my DS and I also had all the "arnt you neat/tiny/miniscule" comments, I was still in my same work trousers right upto 8 months. This was 3 years ago.
Im now pregnant again (13 weeks tomorrow!) im loving being able to not have to hold my flabby belly in lol. But ive had alot of "is it twins" comments I just say "neh its galaxy chocolate and chinese takeaways" Jeans are getting a bit tight now so I have a nice excuse to go shopping!

anniemac Fri 22-May-09 13:07:06

Message withdrawn

Deeeja Fri 22-May-09 13:19:13

At around 6 months with first, but I was athletic and had super strong stomach muscles.
With 2nd, at 4 months, same with 3rd. Difficult to tell with this one, cos still have some weight with 3rd, so just kind of looked a bit tubby as usual until 4 months, but now at 5 months look almost full-term. Still misjudging it though, got stuck in tight space behind chair yesterday blush.

Flo23 Fri 22-May-09 13:26:15

First time, around 18 weeks. Second time maybe around 14 weeks. Third and final time am just looking fatter at 8 weeks...

mrsdisorganised Fri 22-May-09 13:29:27

This is my 5th and I'm 17 weeks, finally beginning to get a bump rather than the just a bit overweight tummy!smile

misssese Fri 22-May-09 13:37:22

im 16 weeks and feel massive although everyone says you cant tell and most of my non pregnant friends tummy are bigger than mine!my tummy is usually quite flat so it feels big to me!iv been really worried about putting weight on, does anyone else feel the same?

mrsdisorganised Fri 22-May-09 14:05:01

If you eat sensibly you won't put much on, I snack on dried fruit and nuts and make sure I drink plenty of water. The added weight used to worry me but tbh lifes too short and if you're that bothered you'll sort it out with exercise after baby comes, usually takes me about a year to feel like 'me' again! Don't worrysmile

misssese Fri 22-May-09 14:18:27

I went to the doc today and found iv actually lost weight since the start of my pregnancy but i have had a stomach bug. you are right about not worrying i think when i get further on and people can tell im pregnant not fat il be happier!!!

anniemac Fri 22-May-09 14:37:34

Message withdrawn

Baisey Fri 22-May-09 17:30:40

anniemac thats so not fair, you got offered seats on public transport? I thought it was an urban myth!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now