Talk

Advanced search

When did your bump show?

(31 Posts)
MrsFogi Thu 05-May-05 14:03:18

I'm attending a wedding in June and will then be 11 wks pg - I need to get two outfits (one for the day and one for the evening do) but am wondering if what I get now won't fit then + if the bump is likely to be becoming visible by then so that I'll need to get outfits to camouflage it (I have no intention of telling anyone before the 12 wk scan as my last pg ended in a mc at 11.5 wks) - any experience much appreciated as I really don't want to end up having a panic nearer the time getting a second set of outfits!

hunkermunker Thu 05-May-05 14:05:20

IIRC, mine wasn't visible before about 13 weeks. But clothes felt tight and I was very conscious that I didn't want to wear anything tight because I didn't want to squash the baby

starlover Thu 05-May-05 14:06:00

Mine started to show at around 8 weeks. But having said that I went on to have a MASSIVE bump and a big baby....
I don't think you will really know until closer to the time

MarsLady Thu 05-May-05 14:06:12

seconds after conception

fastasleep Thu 05-May-05 14:13:18

8 weeks for both my pregnancies here too! I'm going to a wedding in September lol I'll be 8 months gone I'm going to look like a beached whale in some kind of silly frilly..thing!

colditz Thu 05-May-05 14:15:34

I didn't show until 5 months, and then had a massive bump! Saying that, I am a size 18 so that was a good disguise in itself!

Nat777 Thu 05-May-05 15:22:13

I am normally a size ten and probably started showing properly around 15 weeks plus. I am now 25 weeks and am obviously pregnant!

I found that although you know you are putting on weight and your body is changing, up until about 14 or 15 weeks, it really isnt obvious to anyone else apart from your Partner. I guess everyone is different though and really depends on your size before pregnancy .

jabberwocky Thu 05-May-05 15:44:55

At about 8 weeks. I was so big at my first checkup they thought it might be twins!

Twiglett Thu 05-May-05 15:46:02

depends whether first or second pregnancy

second ones show a lot earlier cos your tummy muscles are already shot

AngelCakeUmm Thu 05-May-05 16:12:29

Mine showed at about 15 weeks and i was a size 12 before i was pregnant.

Nemo1977 Thu 05-May-05 16:12:48

with ds showed at about 16wks
with pip and this baby am showed at 7 wks...although dh told me last week i lok about 5mths gone..im only 8wks

99redballoons Thu 05-May-05 16:41:36

Hi MrsFogi, about 13wks with first pg, but at 10wks with current second pg. If you can hold off buying for a few weeks can you buy several outfits and take the non-fitting ones back before the 28 day return limit is reached? I would also suggest something that's not fitted over the tummy!

elsmommy Thu 05-May-05 16:43:46

I didn't show till about 16/18 weeks!
I only had a little bump all through though!!

oooggs Thu 05-May-05 16:46:35

8 weeks. I went to a wedding when I was 9 weeks and spent all the time bending slightly forward cos I didn't want anyone to know. At 5months I went to another wedding and felt like a beached whale. But in comparison to the bride I was 'Twiggy' . She was 8 months gone and huge

dyzzidi Thu 05-May-05 16:52:41

Just found out I am pregnant and I am getting married in September!! My dress is already paid for (£1200) So i had better not be too big! My dress does lace up the back and my fittings are not for a couple of months so hopefully I will make it!

Please someone post about being tiny at five months

Rochwen Thu 05-May-05 17:55:44

Although I was very 'blown-up' with gas during the first 3 months I didn't start to show until after 20 weeks, even the nurse at my 20 week scan asked if it was my 12 week or my 20 week one. I'm a tiny size 8 person, so I expected to have a visible bump very soon but I just didn't. After week 22 my bump suddenly appeared out of nowhere seemingly - and with a venegance ! Initially I was worried about being so small but my mw said that it was probably because it was my first baby and I did competitive sports (i.e. my abdoms didn't want to give up quite yet, lol). I'm 26 weeks now and very proud of my bump !

Dahlia Thu 05-May-05 17:57:15

About 10 weeks with both.

Tipex Thu 05-May-05 20:11:34

honestly it wasnt until about 16 weeks probably more altho i felt it was alot earlier as I was so bloated and constipated! we have chronicled my bump tho in photos and theres nothing to see until at least 16 and thats knowing what we're looking for. To the untrained observer!! I reckon it wasnt till 20 weeks so dont worry.

vic891 Fri 06-May-05 14:55:08

There's obviously a difference between the bump showing, and generally being bigger - my waist thickened quite early on. I couldn't get into my regular jeans after about 11 weeks, but didn't really develop a noticeable bump as such 'til around 16 or 18 weeks.

Twiga Fri 06-May-05 14:58:12

First timer here, mine just seemed to appear out of nowhere at 18/19 weeks, am now just over 23 - love it!

ninah Fri 06-May-05 15:00:41

twiglett - so THAT's why
on no 2, eight weeks and feeling about 20

mumfor1sttime Fri 06-May-05 15:26:46

I started to show around 12 wks but I dont think I truly looked pg until 20wks. I probably just looked like I had put on weight!! But after 20 wks did get huge, and put on 4st!

flic23 Fri 06-May-05 15:51:12

wasnt really showind at 12 weeks but it was becoming obvious at 16 weeks if i wore close fitting clothes which was a pain at my work as my scan was postponed till 16 wks and no-one knew

uwila Fri 06-May-05 16:39:20

I think the size of your bump and how soon it will show has much more to do with your shape and size than that of the baby. My bump shows very early (around 8 - 12 weeks). First pregnancy around 12 and second around 8. I am short waisted and narrow hipped so there isn't really anywhere to go bu forward. In contrast, people with long waists seem to have a bit more room before baby starts to protrude forward.

bubbles2904 Fri 06-May-05 17:57:44

first of all i would like to say hi to everyone as i've just joined. i'm 23 weeks with my second child. i was very paranoid because people thought i was having twins this time as i so big, with my first i didn't show until around 21 weeks but everyone is different

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now