Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

hot new tip for SPD sufferers

(1 Post)
mogwai Thu 05-May-05 12:28:32

I am suffering from SPD. I can't bear to be in my bed as turning is so painful. I even wake up with awful cramp.

SO then I hit on the idea of sleeping on an airbed to change the focal point of the pressure on my poor old body - hey presto!

We put a single airbed on one side of our bed and I've had two pain-free (almost) nights. It's MUCH easier to turn over because once you start turning, the air in the bed pushes you the rest of the way. Yesterday I had slight cramp in one buttock, this morning nothing and I'm much less stiff when I wake up.

Also, it's easy to get out of bed because the air moves you rather than your muscles having to do the work.

I'd say give it a go if you are suffering. An aibed costs about £15 (not a lilo), maybe less, and it's worth every penny.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now