Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Northwick Park Hospital v The Royal Free??

(6 Posts)
LilMissSunshine Wed 20-May-09 14:56:09

Has anyone had experience at either of the two hospitals?

Thanks

hf128219 Tue 02-Jun-09 22:45:01

I had dd at Northwick Park in Jan 08 - no complaints.

OmicronPersei8 Tue 02-Jun-09 22:57:05

The Royal Free has a midwife-led unit, Northwick Park doesn't. So you'd have more choice at the RF. I had ds at NP and compared to the birthing unit where I had dd it all felt a bit impersonal. But I don't know that much about the Royal Free.

timmette Wed 03-Jun-09 11:09:46

I had ds at the royal free and the c section itself was fine.
The hospital was filthy and I mean really dirty - I was offered nothing to eat or drink from 11 am until breakfast the next day - how are you supposed to breastfeed on that. I was so thirsty I called dh to bring me a bottle of water in the middle of the night and not only would they not let him in, they also wouldn't take it from him and give it to me...hate that place if you have other options take them. I checked out the next day less than 24 hours after c section. Sorry but please don't go there.
He caught some kind of skin infection from the staff there and then had to be readmitted and on an antibiotics drip.

hf128219 Wed 03-Jun-09 11:13:12

My care at NP was very good. Induction - given private room on ante natal ward. Showers etc pretty clean.

Delivery suite very clean with en-suite bathroom. Not once were we left alone by the midwives.

Post-natal - shared ward with 4 beds. Care OK. Very busy.

babyOcho Wed 03-Jun-09 12:32:48

NPH now has a birth centre upstairs.

I didnt go to NPH with DD, but if I was to choose again I would defo go there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now