Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How many of you fell pregnant through the withdrawl method?

(88 Posts)
devotion Sat 16-May-09 21:43:47

This is the only form of contraception that we use and we never have sex during my ovulation week.

It worked for us both times before we had both our children.

This month we had sex a few times around my ovulation using the withdrawl method because we do not mind if I fall pregnant but not exactly trying iykwim. We will start ttc properly in a few months.

I am really interested to know how many of your babies were conceived this way?

It is actually not as easy as I use to think to fall pregnant, most of my friends spent 6mths - 2 years trying to conceive.

Plus I read somewhere that male sperm are faster swimmers but die sooner than females so if you conceived using the withdrawl method are you more likely to have a boy?

So please tell if you did fall pregnant this way and if you had a boy or girl.

Thanks!

cba Sat 16-May-09 21:46:16

i didnt, but a close friend of mine did.

devotion Sat 16-May-09 22:00:30

did she have a boy or girl?

whomovedmychocolate Sat 16-May-09 22:01:34

I managed to get pregnant without even getting it in, let alone out - DD stopped play at the vital moment. Yet somehow....DS hmm

devotion Sat 16-May-09 22:03:11

wow - now thats what you call supersperm, they must have had legs and everything

thisisyesterday Sat 16-May-09 22:04:10

i know someone who fell pregnant 3 times whilst using the withdrawal method hmm

2 girls and one boy.

whomovedmychocolate Sat 16-May-09 22:05:08

Well now actually we were told we were both infertile hmm.

The average time taken to conceive in the UK is 13 calendar months btw. Your friend's experiences sound just about normal to me.

But I think the sperm know when the time is right and leap out the end of a willy clutching a cervical A-Z grin

whomovedmychocolate Sat 16-May-09 22:05:35

Maybe they have SAT-Nad grin?

devotion Sat 16-May-09 22:06:35

ha ha - great image!

devotion Sat 16-May-09 22:07:49

i hope you let those docs know that you are in fact extremely fertile!

whomovedmychocolate Sat 16-May-09 22:13:25

Actually my fertility consultant did my second caesarian and he saw me recently to discuss tubal ligation/vasectomy grin

lockets Sat 16-May-09 22:14:55

Message withdrawn

lucykate Sat 16-May-09 22:15:54

my sil has fallen pg 5 times using withdrawal (4 boys, 1 girl), he's now had the snip wink

thisisyesterday Sat 16-May-09 22:17:12

can i just point out, to anyone who may not be aware, that the withdrawal method (by itself) is not an effective contraceptive? lol

devotion Sat 16-May-09 22:17:14

wow!

i guess the reason why it has worked well for us for so long is because we avoided the days either side of my ovulation so it will be really interesting to see if I am pregnant this month.

lisad123 Sat 16-May-09 22:17:42

my friend used it for 10 years, and then feel preggy 2 years ago

lockets Sat 16-May-09 22:19:00

Message withdrawn

devotion Sat 16-May-09 22:20:14

we use it because we dont mind if i did happen to fall pregnant. times i definitely didnt want to fall pregnant i used persona and before my partner - pill and condoms.

i hated them both so as soon as i knew i was serious with my partner i threw them all away.

although he has said after the third he's getting the snip!

devotion Sat 16-May-09 22:20:44

lockets -

devotion Sun 17-May-09 11:46:32

had lovely dream last night about being in hospital with new baby by my side waiting for dh and girls to arrive...

JustcallmeDog Sun 17-May-09 11:49:22

Message withdrawn

staylucky Sun 17-May-09 17:16:23

I did with this one. Infact my boyf reminds me often of my arrogant claims of "I know my body" and "actually it's really difficult to get pregnant" grin

Luckily we're over the moon anyway.

Celery Sun 17-May-09 17:27:12

We've been using withdrawal for three years since our last child was born and it seems to be working for us. I wouldn't use it if I definately didn't want to get pregnant again though.

devotion Sun 17-May-09 18:52:28

CELERY - would you do it over ovulation days too?

sweetlavenda Sun 17-May-09 19:14:13

Hey! My partner and I have used the withdrawal method for 8 years. It worked well until the easter bank holiday and now I am 7weeks Preggers. Which is a shock. I think it happened cos he was thinking about having kids and didn't pull out on time. I had very little to do with the whole process as I was asleep in the begining, thought I was dreaming in the middle and woke up after it finished cos I thought it was a GREAT dream!wink We use the withdrawal method cos I am allergic to latex, (latex free condoms are expensive in our opinion) and I am not allowed to go on the pill, inplant or injection and the doctor told me she wouldn't give me a coil as I haven't had any children! hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now