Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

pilates classes

(7 Posts)
howaboutthis Tue 05-May-09 22:22:05

I would like to find some reasonably priced pregnancy pilates classes in SW19. I can't signed up to any course as my job is unpredictible so I can't always make it in time(code for 'I am just too lazy sometimes').
I would appreciate any info.

pmk1 Mon 18-May-09 16:51:59

Hi howaboutthis, I was actually looking for some post natal or mother/baby pilates or yoga classes and managed to find this place here and they have drop in classes and also some courses. I am in SW20 and I'm going to brave it and go to their next class to try it out hmm I think they have pregnancy classes too

howaboutthis Wed 27-May-09 00:05:26

Thank you pmk1. I have called them before and they do have pilates, but you need to pay for the entire course. I find it dificult to committ as my job is a bit unpredictible with time. Yoga is great, but I was told by a doctor that pilates is better for me. I will probably see you there if I ever get home on time (aaaghr!!!).

pmk1 Wed 27-May-09 14:45:19

Hi oh I haven't gone yet... couldn't decide whether I'd be best doing pilates or yoga, and the beginners yoga course doesn't start until july, then I realised that my gym has all those classes plus baby swimming included which is a lot cheaper and so it's also more flexable if I join the gym!! Going to do that I think.... What is your job?

BikeRunSki Wed 27-May-09 18:28:20

I found a local pregnancy pilates class when I was pg last year (I am in Huddersfield, sorry, so no good to you). I absolutely loved it. Yes, I worked unpredictabel hours, yes, I had to pay for 6 classes up front, but I loved it so much that I it made me make an effort to get it together and leave work on time on Mondays, playing the "I'm pg" card". I went from April to the end of August last year and only missed two classes - one because DS was born 2 weeks early.

Book the course and use it as an incentive to leave work and get there once a week. I have been back to the same place for baby massage, baby yoga and Mummy and Me pilates.

howaboutthis Mon 08-Jun-09 22:45:28

Unfortunately my job is performance related so the less I'm there the less I can 'perform'. Please do not think that I am a workholic, but simple truth is that we need all the money we can get our hands on before the little one arrives. I keep searching and probably follow your advise and just signed up and do my best.

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Mon 08-Jun-09 22:47:47

Have you tried googling the 'Pilates foundation'? I think they have a list of trained practitioners in the UK.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now