Talk

Advanced search

very firm bump, dose this indicate big baby?

(9 Posts)
18mumtobe Sat 30-Apr-05 14:12:29

hi everyone

might be abit of a silly question but ill ask it any way.
im 36+3 wks pg and my bump (although its not very big compared to some) is totally solid. does this mean that its all baby in there and that he's gonna be big? i surpose i must not be carrying alot of fluid as some people do, is this safe for baby as he must not have alot of room as it feels like he takes it all up already.
mw said he was back to back last appiontment, because there is little fluid is he less likely to move round to where he should be?
don't know if anyone will be able to answer but any reply will be welcome
thanx xxx

lilsmum Sat 30-Apr-05 14:14:08

i didnt think i had a large bump when carrying my dd, but it was very very solid and hard, mw's estimated a baby between 7 & 8 lb, dd was 8lb 13oz!! quite a shock!!

tillykins Sat 30-Apr-05 14:19:03

Hi! Not a silly question at all. My bump felt very solid but when my waters broke, there must have been a gallon or two in there!
I don't know how likely he is to move now, but I am sure he has room if he wants to move, however much fluid is in there!
Try not to worry
Tilly
xxx

flamesparrow Sat 30-Apr-05 14:29:49

Mine was ridiculously hard (everyone kept feeling saying "ooh, braxton hicks" for me to glare and say "No, unless its a continuous one"... she was 8lb 5oz, and a month late.

Dunno if that helps in the slightest!

Gobbledigook Sat 30-Apr-05 14:42:55

I don't think so - my bumps were very solid too but I'm slim so I think if you dont' have any excess weight then it will be a 'tight' bump rather than a bit squashy iykwim!

Frizbe Sat 30-Apr-05 14:47:31

my bump was nice and solid towards the end, and it even managed to get bigger during the last two weeks, which I really couldn't believe! pity it left behind a nice saggy mess afterwards which has taken 18mths to put nearly right!!!

starlover Sat 30-Apr-05 16:35:35

my bump was very firm. and yes, I had a big baby, but I also had a LOT of water.
Don't assume that because the bump is firm that you have little waters.

emeraldefmach Sat 30-Apr-05 18:34:30

Yes, all my bumps were really firm and I could really feel every limb and elbow! I'm slim too and they weighed in at 9lb 12oz, 9lb 12oz and 9lb 6oz (37 weeks).

Tipex Sat 30-Apr-05 22:13:08

Hi there, congrats on the pregnancy! My bump was rock hard, midwife used to say 'lets wait for the tightening to pass' when trying to examine me, before realising that it wasnt tightening! I certainly had all the fluid as it popped like a fountain in labour! Oh, and dont worry about the back to back, mine turned in labour also. However, there are websites and threads on here about optimal fetal positioning which could give you ideas about things to do to try and encourage it to turn. good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now