Talk

Advanced search

Help please - Very itchy skin

(4 Posts)
YOKEFLEET Thu 28-Apr-05 20:20:08

I'm 17w pg and I want to scratch my skin off!!! Been like this for the last couple of days, It's my neck, top of chest(not boobs) back and arms mainly, when I rub it I end up getting little spots????? Any ideas?? Have tried rubbing baby oil in and that helped at the start but even that isn't working now.....

mummygow Thu 28-Apr-05 20:26:26

yokefleet I'm 14 weeks and I'm very itchy too - I dont know if it is all the hormones in our body!!

YOKEFLEET Thu 28-Apr-05 20:40:47

MG its driving me batty!!!!! I just wanna ""bloom""

Shayla1 Thu 28-Apr-05 22:08:51

Hi I'm currently 19 weeks pregnant and have had itchy skin since I was 15 weeks. I have had to have lots of blood tests and seen lots of different doctors and have been told I have a condition called obstetric cholestasis.
This condition often named OC is potentially dangerous to you baby if left undiagnosed. I would contact your doctor or midwife tomorrow and mention the possibility of OC to them often the only symptom is the unbearable itching which drives you insane.
Diagnosis is via liver function blood tests and bile acid tests (also done via the blood). All that is done this early on in pregnancy is constant monitoring but you and the professionals looking after you need to be aware of the condition. Sorry if I've alarmed you in anyway.
There's a thread dated 18th April which I started when I was unsure on my own diagnosis i would brouse this as it contains some useful information that people offered to me.
I hope I have been helpful and hopefully your itching will just subside as they are still hoping mine will!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now