Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

9 days over- so uncomfortable.

(10 Posts)
leander Thu 28-Apr-05 04:44:39

Just want to have a moan really so please indulge me.It is my 2nd pregnancy and was due last Mon/Tues.I am in so much pain I can hardly walk because i cant really lift my legs so am shuffling about like an old woman, I cant sleep, I lie on one side but can only lie for 1/2 hr because it hurts my hips then it hurts turning over hence why i am on here at 4 am .Have got bad period type pains but they are more constant and not like contractions.I have just been the loo and had a blood smear but nothing like a proper show,Do you think this could mean I dont have long too go? I go to see the consultant on Friday but was really hoping not to be induced I have got it into my hesd that you are more likely to have a cs if your induced (silly I know)
You would think that i couldn't be this silly and would remember more about labour i mean ds is only 3.3 yrs, it wasn't that long ago.I was only 2 days over with ds and was hoping that with your 2nd you go earlier.

AussieSim Thu 28-Apr-05 05:28:53

Have you tried anything to bring it on yourself? Castor oil, pineapple, vindaloo, nipple stimulation/orgasm/sex etc etc. I am 31 weeks at the mo and really don't want to go over at all or be induced. I will be trying everything including Acupuncture and Reflexology to not go late.

WideWebWitch Thu 28-Apr-05 06:20:37

Leander, ds was 1 day early but dd was 9 days late and I just escaped induction too. Maybe you will, it's REALLY frustrating I know.

Fran1 Thu 28-Apr-05 06:53:54

You have my sympathies i was 14 days over with my first. I did luckily go into labour naturally just before they wanted to induce me.

You still have time so don't get stressed about being induced! Hopefully the pains you are having mean things are starting to happen.

DO NOT use caster oil. That was what i was firmly told by my hospital, i think it can give you the runs, which you don't want when in labour.

Have you had a sweep? i had one and went into labour about 36hrs later. I know there is no telling whether it helped, but worth a go!

Good luck, it will come in the end, just keep yourself busy with getting things done and resting before baby arrives.

leander Thu 28-Apr-05 09:42:34

Thanks guys.I cant be arsed with trying to bring it on with sex, curry etc I know it will come when its ready.I am going the hospital tomorrow so they may do a sweep then.I have had a bit more bloody discharge so am assuming this is a show so hopefully it is the start of things.

beansprout Thu 28-Apr-05 09:45:14

Fingers crossed for you. I KNOW how you feel (ds was 16 days late). Would also say please don't use castor oil though - anything that upsets your stomach so much that it actually triggers labour can't be a good thing!!

Best of luck though, hope things are moving for you (and look forward to reading your bith annoucement - how exciting!!)

leander Thu 28-Apr-05 09:46:44

Definately not going to use castor oil,dh keeps telling me to try it and i keep telling him to p**s off

Nemo1977 Thu 28-Apr-05 09:47:43

AWW can completely sympathise i went 15days over with my ds. Am hopping I dont do the same with this one..lolHUGS

Maddison Thu 28-Apr-05 09:54:48

Hi Leander, sorry I don't have any advice, just wanted to offer my sympathies, I have 2 weeks til my due date and I'm fed up already.

Hopefully it won't be too long for you now

pupuce Thu 28-Apr-05 10:06:24

Sounds like you are niggling to me

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: