Talk

Advanced search

Scan today - low baby!

(4 Posts)
Iklboo Tue 26-Apr-05 18:10:14

I had my 12 wk scan today. Baby was asleep, but saw theh eartbeat OK. Only thing is it seemed to be lying really low in my womb. Sonographer didn't say anything other than "there's baby right at the bottom" and neither did the doc. I'm still worried though. Neighbour said "ohh, isn't it low. It looks like it's ready to be born now!". Silly I know, but she's set me off worrying. Any advice/thoughts? Can't get hold of MW till Thurs.
Tracy /

moschops Tue 26-Apr-05 20:19:31

my baby was very low in my womb at my twelve week scan.........sonographer actually giggled when she saw mine and said 'oooooo look its doing a headstand'. it's head is right down at the bottom and she said it looks like it knows the right way to be already!

neither the sonographer or the consultant made any comment to suggest it would be a problem but to be honest the baby has quite a lot of room to swim about in. i'm sure if their was a problem your sonographer would have said!!

i'm now just over 20 weeks and everything progressing fine so don't worry............

tiffini Tue 26-Apr-05 20:23:44

there's not more than one in there is there??

Aragon Tue 26-Apr-05 20:31:37

Hi

All sounds normal to me (I used to be a midwife). The placenta imbeds in the uterus and is secure so all that's happened is that it's secured in the lower half of it. Once you get to about 28 weeks the lower part of your womb will develop a bit more and grow - this will lift the baby higher. The fact that the sonographer didn't say anything shows that she's seen it all before and wasn't concerned by it. Sounds all perfectly normal to me. Once you're over eight weeks and have had a successful scan (ie - they've seen a heartbeat) the risk of miscarriage drops to less than 1% so it sounds all fine.

Mandy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now