Talk

Advanced search

Antenatal Yoga Classes in Central/West/North London

(7 Posts)
Kiwifruit Mon 25-Apr-05 15:05:18

Hi
I live in Maida Vale, work in Covent Garden, and am keen to start going to antenatal yoga classes. Can anyone recommend classes either in Central London, West London or North London? Preferably in walking distance of a tube station, as I don't have a car.

Thanks for your help!

Sparks Mon 25-Apr-05 16:13:32

Have you had a look at the Iyengar Yoga Institute in Maida Vale? I haven't been to any of the pregnancy classes there, but have been to general classes, which were very good.

Katts Mon 25-Apr-05 17:02:46

Hi Kiwifruit, I'm doing one at Yogabase on Liverpool Road. Near Angel Tube and Highbury & Islington Tube. It's Monday nights at 6:30. Their website is www.yogavision.co.uk. And the contact is Deva Priya on 020 7354 2450. (I'm assuming it's ok to post her phone number online as I've just got it off the flyer she asked me to post around my office)

LadyLazarus Mon 25-Apr-05 19:59:28

Kiwifruit - I know there's a yoga place in Kensal Rise which does pregnancy yoga, but I have never been so don't know what it's like. They do have known teachers there tho. It's called the Special Yoga Institute, and their website is http://www.specialyoga.org.uk/

MissChief Tue 26-Apr-05 08:26:07

another vote for iyengar yoga institute - lucky you, on yr doorstep - they do wonderful antenatal yoga classes in really serene environment!

Tigerlion Wed 27-Apr-05 19:02:24

Does anyone know of good antenatal yoga classes in the Chelsea/ Fulham area? If I am 6 months pregnant, does it matter if I have not done it before?

cuzziemummy Sat 28-May-05 19:55:18

Fulham Pools/Holmes Place in lillie Rd used to do preggie yoga, but the best places I think are the Sivanada Centre in Putney or Life Centre in Notting Hill - sadly Lotus Lifestyle has closed down so there is a bit of a void in Fulham! It is all VERY gentle and they assume you've never done it before! Best luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now