Talk

Advanced search

Booking appt

(7 Posts)
ChaCha Sun 24-Apr-05 23:13:30

Helloooo,
Have my booking appt this week, just wanted to ask if a scan is included in this or is the baby somehow checked. Sorry if sounding ignorant but i am to all this

rodeo1 Sun 24-Apr-05 23:20:55

Hi chacha - Are you still up love?

I didn't have a scan with my booking appt - think they do that seperately on another day. They might arrange one on the appt? They might listen for babe's heart beat though. We don't get a 12 week scan where I live - we have to wait for 21 wks, so i'm really envious of all of you getting scans so soon!! Hope it goes well anyway, hope i've not disappointed you!!

x x x

mummygow Sun 24-Apr-05 23:24:41

chacha I am going for my booking appt this week too and I get a scan - I will be 14 weeks (ours is between 10 and 14 weeks) - good luck

rodeo1 Sun 24-Apr-05 23:37:04

Oh maybe I'm wrong then!! it'll be lovely if you do! Ring the hosp tomorrw and let us all know! x x x

99redballoons Mon 25-Apr-05 09:59:54

Scan was booked separately to booking appt for us (in Middlesex). Dh came to first midwife appt anyway as it was lovely to hear the heartbeat over the doppler (sp?) for the first time, even though we couldn't see anything. Agree, give them a ring just to make sure.

Maddison Mon 25-Apr-05 12:15:32

Hi ChaCha

I was 10 weeks pg (maximum) when I had my booking appointment, the mw came out to our house for the appointment, so therefore didn't have a scan, nor did she listen to the heartbeat BUT I did have my first scan 2 weeks later. Unfortunately for me they put my EDD back 2 weeks!!

mummygow Mon 25-Apr-05 19:50:09

ChaCha i'm in glasgow so I dont know if our system is different but when I got my card through for my appt it told me on it that I would be getting a scan with the instructions do drink water etc before I go!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now