Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Peiod type pains at 34+ weeks......?

(6 Posts)
Mirage Sun 24-Apr-05 16:42:05

I am just over 34 wks pregnant & have been having faint period like pains & backache all day.I didn't have anything like this with dd & she arrived on her due date after a VERY quick labour.(I was 7cms by the time I got to hospital).

Could these aches & pains be a sign of anything do you think? Or are they normal at this stage.The baby is quite quiet today too & I can't help wondering if something is going on or not?

Any advice?
Thanks

Chandra Sun 24-Apr-05 16:45:32

It can be any other thing but I would ring the maternity guard just in case. (they are the only informed party likely to be open on a Sunday)

SoupDragon Sun 24-Apr-05 16:46:36

Er... period like pains and backache were the first signs I had with both my labours.

myermay Sun 24-Apr-05 16:49:29

Message withdrawn

Mirage Sun 24-Apr-05 20:12:58

Thanks everyone,the pains seem to have died down now.I'm off for a hot bath in a minute & then bed with a good book for a bit.

Myermay,I hope we don't have to put up with this for another 6wks,poor dh is a bag of nerves!

tiggerintum Sun 24-Apr-05 20:15:26

I've had pains like that since 20wks (27wks now) should I be worried?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: