Talk

Advanced search

Help for Overdue Friend!

(17 Posts)
expatinscotland Sun 24-Apr-05 16:02:51

I have a pal who is now 10 days overdue with her second. She is scheduled to be induced on Wednesday and not looking forward to it.

Any suggestions to get her going? She isn't even one cm dilated and the baby's head isn't engaged.

So far she's tried pineapple, curries, sex, baths, gardening and long walks.

hunkermunker Sun 24-Apr-05 16:13:15

More sex Poor thing - DS was 10 days overdue and I thought I'd be pregnant for a year.

She will have a baby by this time next week! Hurrah!

Twiglett Sun 24-Apr-05 16:21:18

Creep up behind her and shout very loud

Twiglett Sun 24-Apr-05 16:31:25

or go up to her, look at her stomach and sigh then say 'haven't you had that baby yet?'

yeah, that'll help

hunkermunker Sun 24-Apr-05 16:47:09

Also, you could ask when she's due. That cheered me up no end...

CharBell Sun 24-Apr-05 19:07:06

First time mum so apologies if stupid question but was is so horrible about being induced?

CharBell Sun 24-Apr-05 19:07:32

Aargh typo - I mean WHAT is so horrible.

compo Sun 24-Apr-05 19:10:07

large gin and long walk worked for me - waters broke that night!!

Hausfrau Sun 24-Apr-05 19:15:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Nemo1977 Sun 24-Apr-05 19:34:36

aww bless her remeber the frustrations. I wet 15days over with ds and tried everything nothing at all worked. Was induced and hr n half later he was here....tbh i wouldnt mind being induced again if it would be that quick

expatinscotland Sun 24-Apr-05 21:15:35

I just talked to her. Unfortunately, her baby is back to back, with its face 'sunny side up'. Grrr. So that's why she's not excited about induction, she's not too excited about back labour and the drugs can intensify the contractions. But the midwife thinks this may be the reason why the baby's head hasn't engaged.

Poor soul!

charleepeters Sun 24-Apr-05 21:17:39

soory cant help but i was engaged with the same thing and i had an epidural and verything was fine no intervention or anything fingers crossed for her x

charleepeters Sun 24-Apr-05 21:17:55

i was induced sorry!!!!!!!!!!

charleepeters Sun 24-Apr-05 21:18:24

not engaged (god im messin this up!)

FIMAC1 Sun 24-Apr-05 22:34:05

heard that drinking olive oil is very effective - I know someone who tried this and they were in labour within hours!

Hope your friend gets on OK

Oh just read that the babys back to back - hope it all goes well for her, isn't that supposed to be very painful on delivery ?

Nemo1977 Sun 24-Apr-05 22:36:56

expat..i was told ds wasback to back etc especially when they did internal so said would be long labour etc..and as i say 90 mins later out popped my 9lb 1 beautiful son.

Merlin Sun 24-Apr-05 22:39:53

Reflexology? Also I was told that the bit of skin between your thumb and index finger is an acupuncture point which if you squeeze hard between your other thumb and finger is meant to bring on labour - something to do in front of the telly!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now