Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Endometriosis & PG

(4 Posts)
ChaCha Wed 20-Apr-05 11:22:56

Hi everyone,
I was diagnosed as having ENDO in the early stages a couple of years ago. I had a laparoscopy and it was all laser blasted etc..
I was then put on medication after coming off the pill but i was soon diagnosed with a large ovarian cyst (the chocolate type) as a result of the medication perhaps. Had another laparoscopy a few months ago and cyst was removed. Am now 8 weeks pregnant, although still can't believe it (well i suppose i can when i'm vomiting 24/7)
Just wanted to know if others have had ENDO and gone on to have healthy babies? I'd like a few stories if poss..thanks xxx

madrush Wed 20-Apr-05 11:30:31

Hi ChaCha, I had early stages Endo like you, with laparoscopy just a couple of months before I got pregnant. Everything was fine for me and dd is now 20 months old. The endo research I did suggested it affects fertility in some cases, rather than outcome of pregnancy. Congratulations on your pregnancy and hope all goes well for you.

ragtaggle Wed 20-Apr-05 11:46:31

A friend of mine has had severe endo for years and thoguht she would never get pregnant. At the age of 38 she met a man and at 39 they started trying for a baby. It took two months and she is now seven months pregnant - it's all going well and so far scans show a very healthy baby.

littlerach Wed 20-Apr-05 11:49:03

A friend of mine had it, not sure how severe, and was told it would be harder to get pregnant. She now has 2 boys and is pregnant with her 3rd. Her first was 4 weeks prem, then she had 1 miscarriage, 2nd was a week late!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now