Talk

Advanced search

Pregnancy After Miscarriage Part VIII - Knicker Checkers and Pad Patrollers welcome

(968 Posts)

Is that ok? grin

tattifer Mon 23-Mar-09 10:55:15

crunch you lied!!! grin

Here's the list, feel free to add yourself when you feel ready to do so smile

GUSSET PATROL GRADUATES
Cricri - 1st November - GIRL- Elise Vivienne
LackaDAISYcal - 6th November - BOY - Finlay
barbareebaa - 24th November -BOY - William
Jackstini - 10th December – BOY- Harvey
KD73 - 20th December - BOY - Aidan George
downbutnotout – 3rd February BOY
dan39 – 10th February GIRL - Rose
winemakesmummyclever - 17 February - BOY - Isaac Alexander
Bunnyinheadlights - 23 February - GIRL - Carys
Wheelybug - 12th March - GIRL - Lara Florence
TSOM - 17th March - BOY - Seth

CURRENT CONCEIVED-AIR PASSENGERS
Grinningbee - 26th March
Daisy J - 30 March
Scotlass - 21st April
Swaliswan - 25th April
Youknownothingofthecrunch - 25th April
Aquababe - 1st May
Ladyhelen2 - 3rd May
LoobyLou36 - 3rd May
Ses - 10th May
SparkyMalarky - 15th May
divedaisy - 7th May (also 12th, 17th or 19th!!!)
cece - 18th May
joyfuleyes - 29th May
herbaceous - 28 June
Mumface - 11th July
nattythomasandellen - 16th July
blogqueen - 31st August

Me? [innocent face] Never! grin

tattifer Mon 23-Mar-09 11:00:25

That's quite a list smile here's hoping it's good news this avvo (slipped in the neighbours thing again - sorry).

tattifer Mon 23-Mar-09 11:01:38

crunch the last word is waiting for you - make it a good 'un smile something with lots of syllables?

It was a beautiful and moving speech about hope and loss and happiness. Very serious and touching. Just don't look at it.

tattifer Mon 23-Mar-09 11:04:46

mmh... and other appropriately cynical and sceptical noises...

How are you doing, really?

tattifer Mon 23-Mar-09 11:11:29

I've put emotions into suspended animation. Feel constantly nauseous but not able to relax into the idea that that's a good sign because, as we all know, hormones are such fickle things.

I have come to one very irrational decision without really thinking about it. I bought those accupressure bands and wore them for the first time last week - the day I started bleeding. So I have not worn them since. Silly I know. There is absolutlely no link to repressing symptoms of pregnancy and threatening pregnancy but I have acted on this nonexistant link - like a superstition I suppose. Daft shite that I am!

And you, your crunchness, what about you?

I am feeling far more level and together. I have not given up hope of H and me fixing things, but nor am I putting my life on hold for him to get better smile All very sensible and I'm sure it won't last.

Irrational decisions and superstitious stuff that you would never normally think in a million years, are all part and parcel of the crapness that is pregnancy after MC.

I hate that feeling of "I want to know, because then if it's good news I can stop stressing. But if I never know then I can put off the reality of any consequences that might be contained in knowing."

And all the other million and one worries and thoughts and emotions that pop in and out constantly.

tattifer Mon 23-Mar-09 11:24:34

crunch All very sensible and I'm sure it won't last.

It is very sensible, and I'm sure anyone that sensible can make it last until they need to have a pressure cooker style flip out. Then you can get sensible again smile

I was trying to describe to a friend the really lasting impact of miscarriage is the destruction of trust in your body's ability to do the basics. I couldn't imagine being so confident about childbirth and pregnancy ever again. I don't even dare look at the maternity section of the Next Directory!

tattifer 'tis true. Everyone expects you to be happy and looking forward to a new future, but you can't shake this feeling that your body is not the safe, nurturing place that it should be.

scarlotti Mon 23-Mar-09 11:31:28

tattifer couldn't agree more with that last part about trusting in the basics. Up until the m/c's pregnancy was something I could do quite easily. Now I can't even do that right.

I had a silver charm necklace thing I bought on a friend's hen do in Ibiza. Is supposed to draw angels to the unborn child to protect it. It didn't work as I m/c at 5wks. Didn't wear it for the 2nd m/c and daren't put it back on now either. No substance in it, pure superstition.

crunch sounds like a good place to be to me.

scarlotti Mon 23-Mar-09 11:39:30

Ladies - check out this article here

Have never had this option given to me before for my birth plan - yes please!!

tattifer Mon 23-Mar-09 11:40:35

scarlotti "Now I can't even do that right" sad please think positive. (lame I know)

I'm 42, not young I know but I'm fit (walk or cycle 10 to 20 miles four/five days a week, every week without fail) why does my body seem to think it's not up to the task? I can get pregnant easily enough what the hell happens next to put the kaibosh on stuff?

tattifer Mon 23-Mar-09 11:44:18

I want one!

scarlotti am writing it into my birth plan right now smile

scarlotti Mon 23-Mar-09 11:56:20

Well if either of you manage it then I want full instructions sent to me before November please!!

tattifer I think we've just had a major dent to our confidence. Most days I can cope (ish) with it but today the nausea is almost unbearable hence the feeling more sorry for myself. The guy at the desk next to me smokes, so comes back from his ciggy break stinking and it turns my stomach.

If I could understand the purpose of nausea then that might help, sigh....

Think I'll go read that article again... wink

tattifer Mon 23-Mar-09 12:05:53

scarlotti in this case the porpoise of nausea is to throw up on ashtray face sitting next to you!

scarlotti Mon 23-Mar-09 12:59:45

tattifer lol!!

ashleighbeee Mon 23-Mar-09 13:57:55

Hi Girls!

LOLA my goodness at the aunt.. I dont know what to say but some people REALLY have no tact.. my my! I dont know what i would have said.. my mum/aunt/nana all put LOTS of weight on during pregnancy and the only advice they've given me is not to get angry or feel disappointed at my size as my body is doing THE most amazing job in the world...

Thanks for the congrats on the boy.. I am VERY excited now, after shopping in Mamas & Papas yesterday and buying all the little boy clothes they're so scrummy!

Crunch - how did things go, i am sorry I quickly read the thread but only flicked to the last page this morning and have now lost the old one so i cant see.. I am sorry for my naff excuse!!

tattifer GOOD LUCK this afternoon.. Let us know how gorgeous your bean is as soon as you get back.

Sorry if i missed anyone out, as i said i've not read all the updates on the other thread...

Im 18 weeks tomorrow - anyone have any ideas when i'll hear about my 20 week scan??

xx

HerNameWasLola Mon 23-Mar-09 14:20:55

Have you two been sniffing the copydex again or is it just me? [confused emoticon] blush

Also, why does the new thread just say 'add message Report post Contact poster' instead of having the little icons to show people's profiles...?

Nothing wrong with irrational thoughts/fears btw. Can't think of any off hand but def been there! smile

HerNameWasLola Mon 23-Mar-09 14:25:53

God that's so weird.... when I first logged on to the thread the posts were all there but they were all jumbed up... no wonder they didn't make sense! How strange.... Or is it me?!?!? Maybe have finally lost the plot... Oh well!

Ashleigh why not jus give the hospital a call and ask them when your appt is? Have to get them t put you through to the ultrasound dept unless you already have the number. I did for my nuchal. Much better than wait anxiously for the post every day then being disappointed when it's not there. Good luck! smile

ashleighbeee Mon 23-Mar-09 14:35:31

Lola well... spoke to hospital and they said that they have not uploaded any of April's scans onto the system as they had a failure or something so wont find out for a week or so... frustrating since work get annoyed with the short notice, not that they ever have a problem with it - just have to reschedule things around it.. We're quite close arent we if you're 17 weeks? Are you due early Sept??

Tattifer what time is your scan?

xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now