Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Embarressed....

(9 Posts)
jessicasmummy Tue 19-Apr-05 21:07:53

.... got diagnosed with Thrush today - 13weeks pg, prescribed canestan pessary and cream - is it safe?

so embaressed as never had thrush before.... hitns welcome! Sorry if TMI!

marne Tue 19-Apr-05 21:16:12

Dont be embaressed, its very common, had it twice when pg, canesten is safe to use (well it did me and dd no harm) should work realy fast, hope all is well soon.

Nimme Tue 19-Apr-05 21:17:14

Me too - several times during pregnancy!

Twiglett Tue 19-Apr-05 21:18:53

why are you embarrassed - its a yeast infection not an STD

I've got it at the moment and I'm not even preggers

natural yogurt helps too

Toothache Tue 19-Apr-05 21:19:59

JM - God I've had thrush soooooooooo many times. My Mum was very prone to it too!! Don't worry about it and certainly don't be embarassed.... just try not to scratch!!! I remember walking through the shos and walking like a lunatic trying to stop it itching.... and also doing this weird shiffle thing when sitting down at work.... trying to be discrete. It drove me MENTAL... luckily once you get it treated it clears up very quickly.

I've also had it in my throat when I was 20! Now THAT'S embarrassing.

The tablet Diflucan is very good, but it might not be recommended in pregnancy as its quite new-ish to the market.

UnconditionalLove Tue 19-Apr-05 21:20:05

I had never had it before i was pg. Some people suffer with it alot and its very very common. I first got it when i was about 14 weeks pgs and it was very sore and itchy (sorry TMI). Use the cream it will really help and it will clear up

Toothache Tue 19-Apr-05 21:21:26

TYPOS! Replace Shos with Shops, and shiffle with shuffle Oops.

expatinscotland Tue 19-Apr-05 21:22:54

it's totally safe. i not only had thrush, i also had bacterial vaginosis. the immune system can become a bit compromised during pregnancy and the Ph level of the vagina can be altered, making a woman more predisposed to things like thrush infections.

jessicasmummy Wed 20-Apr-05 08:28:17

thanks guys... u have put my mind at rest - at least im not the only one! cream is working well - still havent used the pessery tho... too scared!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now