Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is period pain when pregnant normal ?

(17 Posts)
louloujez Tue 17-Mar-09 00:23:45

Hi, just looking for some advice for anyone who has ever had this? I am getting concerned.

I believe I may only be around 5 weeks pg however I have really bad period pain, no bleeding and my lower back is killing me.

Has anyone had these symptoms before?

I find it very hard to believe I am pregnant as the period pain is exactly like it is normally.

Has this happened to anyone? should I be worried?

Please help!!

Thank you!!

louloujez Tue 17-Mar-09 00:24:18

Hi, just looking for some advice for anyone who has ever had this? I am getting concerned.

I believe I may only be around 5 weeks pg however I have really bad period pain, no bleeding and my lower back is killing me.

Has anyone had these symptoms before?

I find it very hard to believe I am pregnant as the period pain is exactly like it is normally.

Has this happened to anyone? should I be worried?

Please help!!

Thank you!!

Jacksmama Tue 17-Mar-09 05:06:20

I had cramps quite early on in my pregnancy, too. It's very common.
Don't let yourself get all stressed out, give it a few hours and you'll have dozens of posters tell you they had pains, too.
Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Longtalljosie Tue 17-Mar-09 06:43:05

Yes - me too, throughout the first trimester. Like you, I hated it as it felt like my period was coming. But it's just everything stretching. In a couple of weeks morning sickness will kick in and you'll have no trouble at all believing you're pregnant! smile

tribpot Tue 17-Mar-09 07:12:29

God yes - I had wicked period pain when my first period was due, to the point where I was absolutely convinced I wasn't pregnant (so went to the pub!).

castlesintheair Tue 17-Mar-09 07:15:17

I had it too. I found it really worrying. But it is normal. With my 1st pg I just went to bed and when I woke up it had gone. If it's your first pg, I'd recommend doing that!

louloujez Tue 17-Mar-09 07:39:41

Thank you for your replies. It is my first pg so I have no idea what to expect but from what I have read people are only getting it for a day or two, mine is now going on 5 days.....

Has anyone else had this?

brettgirl2 Tue 17-Mar-09 07:46:26

Well I had it from 3 to about 16 weeks. I don't think that there is any such thing as 'normal' in pg - everyone is different.

Longtalljosie Tue 17-Mar-09 08:10:51

It's normal - honest. Mine came and went for the first 12 weeks or so.

louloujez Wed 18-Mar-09 12:27:42

ok, just wanted to clarify something, I am still having what appears to be period pain.... it has been almost 8 days now.

When you had your pain (anyone) did it last that long or just while you were supposed to have your period? The pain seems to have died off a litte, but definitely still there.

Is this ok??!

NoNickname Wed 18-Mar-09 12:36:19

I had pains almost every single day for weeks and weeks - it's completely normal - it's the ligaments and the womb tissues all stretching and getting larger. Your womb grows from about the size of a pear before pregnancy, to about the size of a grapefruit by about 7 weeks.

susiedotcom Wed 18-Mar-09 12:45:20

I'm well into my 17th week and still getting 'period-like' pains on and off. First few weeks were awful - convinced I was coming on. It's all perfectly fine and normal!

sissy0928 Thu 19-Mar-09 16:53:36

I was just told this morning that the blood test was positive, and was convinced it would't be, as I've had some light heaviness, almost cramping the past 4 days or so...the ladies have been in excrutiating pain as well for a week now...I'm just worried the cramping is not good...I had it with my first pg 14 yrs ago, and was told it was normal, just a bit jumpy!!

Babarella Thu 26-Mar-09 21:25:23

I am 5wks 2day&been havin realy bad back ache&period pains 4 a few days. Realy startin 2 wry now! I've just had pregnancy confirmed at drs,but wen idid home test it was quite faint, so looked on net 4 y this cud b. Sum say jus 2 early& not enuf hcg. Others say cud b linked 2 early miscarrage. So that combine wiv pains has set my mind racing! I hav 2 children already&NEVER felt lik this! Pls help! So hard not 2 wry! X

praying4amiracle Sat 02-May-09 17:31:28

I can really sympathise, although i have 4 children (youngest is 10) u wud think that i'd be an expert, but since being wiv my new partner we have been trying for a baby, we have had 3 losses....Ectopic removed at 8 weeks in February 2008, Early miscarriage April 2008, miscarriage at 10 weeks in Sept 2008...didnt come away itself had to have D+C, we left it a few months before we decided to try again + a test last week revealed I am pregnant,was over the moon but also scared as i had had nearly 2 weeks of PMT + period type pains so i was convinced my period was coming so was extremely surprised when 3 diff tests revealed clear positive results. I feel tired, sometimes sick + have very tender breasts, but the worrying thing is the continual stomach cramps i have been getting, feel like bad period pains, i'm terrified I am going to lose this one too :-(....i had a spec of browny blood a 10 days ago which i s'pose cud have been implantation, + this morn another spec of watery brown fluid, so terrified i'm losing it again, i have been wearing tampons all day but nothing on it, not even a tiny dot, dont know what to think, I know at this stage too early for scan etc. I have just turned 41 so i know i am trying to have a baby on borrowed time (my partner is only 27 + has no children of his own)...cant understand why i can fall pregnant so easily but just cant seem to carry it for long??? Doctors have no answers for me, i'm worried sick :-( I had not expected to fall pregnant on the 1st month that we tried, as i had my left tube removed with the ectopic, so 41 + 1 tube its a miracle i get pregnant at all. I am trying to be positive, we are getting married in 3 wks 6 days and are hoping and praying that it is a new start for us as a family. I'm understandably paranoid, but all i can think about is with my four children i had no pain, and with the 3 losses i did :-(...praying this is not loss number 4

Dionnehaining123 Mon 01-Jul-13 12:33:29

I am 30weeks pregnant and am having really bad pains in my bak and belly is this normal thanks

kattMab Thu 03-Apr-14 07:00:51

Iam about three weeks pregnant but last week I had my periods and the period pains were severe, Ive got tender breasts and and stomach cramps during the day, is it normal? anyone please help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now